1 year waiting to get my funds back

NatCR
Contributor
Contributor

I have a personal account that I used occasionally for years, no business at all, just casual online purchases. One year ago, Paypal asked me for a proof of address, which I thought was just a totally fine and random security check. My account address is in Costa Rica, so I sent my bank statement, with my address on it in Spanish. I got an email back from PP saying that The document you have submitted to us cannot be accepted, as there is no address printed on it". Ok, I sent it back with the address highlighted and told them that I didn't have any other document and that that's my address in CR. Shortly after, I get this by email: "After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues." Yes, just like that, and this on top: "Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.​"

After that I have tried all possible communication channels to contact customer support, email, resolution center, messages, facebook, twitter. Nothing has worked, I only get chat bots, useless, I cannot "resolve the issues" as when I click the "Resolve account issue" link nothing happens, when I get "someone" (probably a bot) on the chat they just ask me to call 800 395 481 and then close the conversation, or ask me to find the chat in the PP page (which doesn't exits) and close the conversation, basically I only get automatic useless replies to my messages, and also in the chat they said an agent will contact me and so far, I'm still waiting. It will be 1 YEAR of this in October 23rd, still no instruction on how to get my funds back. Does anyone have an advice on how to get any kind of support or escalate this situation? Thanks!! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.