cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$1,000 mysteriously moved from bank account to PayPal account

Contributor

$1,000 mysteriously moved from bank account to PayPal account

I had a random charge of $1000 moved from my bank account to my PayPal account, but I didn’t make the transaction. The payment is pending and shows a transaction ID, but can’t cancel it. When it clears can I just transfer that back into my bank account?
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: $1,000 mysteriously moved from bank account to PayPal account

Hi @Jmez1600m,

I'm sorry to hear that there's unrecognized activity on your PayPal account. If a fraudster did access your account using your password, it's crucial that you change that password right away to prevent them accessing your account again to try to get the money out of the account.

Please also check your account thoroughly for any other unauthorized activity. If you do come across any transactions that you did not make, please report them.

You may also wish to take into account these tips for checking your system's security.

If the funds have cleared to your PayPal balance, you may absolutely withdraw them.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: $1,000 mysteriously moved from bank account to PayPal account

It seemed to have fixed itself. The transaction came up as failed, and the money was transferred back to my bank account. Passwords have been changed so hopefully it doesn’t happen again!