Share your favorite charity with us and win a donation to your cause!

_LouisH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. The holiday seasons are in full swing this month we decided to do something different. For the December Reward, since it’s the season of giving, we want to hear about what charities and causes you’re interested in.  Post the URL for your charity on the community message board and include a brief description of what it does and why it matters to  you. At the end of the month, we will randomly select 25 member posts who will each receive a $250 contribution, to their chosen charity, in your name.

For an extensive list of charitable causes visit Donate with PayPal.

Happy Holidays,

Louis

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

ScrapHappy
Contributor
Contributor

My favorite charitable organization is the Lustgarten Foundation. They are dedicated to conducting research into finding and developing treatment options for patients with pancreatic cancer. This organization is so important to me because pancreatic cancer took the life of my father and two of my close friends at very young ages. 100% of all donations go directly into pancreatic cancer research.

Login to Me Too

CatPurry
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't have to think long to come up with my favorite. It is a local organization that desperately needs financial help. The name is Honor America Inc. And the web site is http://honoramerica.org 

Honor America's unique mission statement is: To honor America by remembering, educating, and celebrating her heritage
and her history.  To this end, they have provided a place and the means for this called the Liberty Bell Memorial Museum. Since October 1974. In a building that was formerly a ground water storage tank, they created a museum to house an exact replica of the Liberty Bell that people could see, touch and ring. Today the bell is at the center of the museum, where the major milestones in American history are depicted in a timeline fashion. This portion of the museum also has displays of Florida history and local Melbourne and Brevard History, a display of the history of the American Flag and a rotating exhibit that spotlights “Brevard Heroes and Patriots.

Freedom Hall, an annex to the museum, was added in 2005 through the efforts of many volunteer individuals, business and financial organizations.  Freedom Hall is a tribute to the men and women of America's armed services. It contains an area that displays Military Awards and Decorations, a display of each of the major wars in which America has been involved, and a display honoring each branch of the serivce.  These displays include artifacts, photos, uniforms, weapons and models representing the various time periods.

The organization is supported almost entirely by volunteers, and as those volunteers (mostly military veterans) have aged and passed over, the Museum has had to reduce their open hours drastically. I am hoping that our veterans, now returning from the middle east, will remember their school days visits to the museum and pitch in to support it. In the meantime, a $250 donation would be a tremendous help.

Thank you for the opportunity to present this noble organization.

Login to Me Too

crna1991

My favorite is Columbus Cocker Rescue at http://www.columbuscockerrescue.org/ This group has re-homed over 1100 cocker spaniels, rescuing  from high kill shelters, backyard breeders, and others.  We have adopted 2 little girls from this group and they are SUCH characters.  They have brought us so much love and joy.  They are the one reason that this UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN WOLVERINE would ever drive to Columbus, Ohio (home of the Ohio State buckeyes!) Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

mtrip
New Community Member

my fav charity is SECOND CHANCE ANIMAL SHELTER

FoundedAboutMission

Second Chance Animal Sanctuaries is a grass roots effort in Tioga County, Pennsylvania, to help animals in need.
Provide humane, lifetime care sanctuaries for the care and rehabilitation of abandoned and at-risk animals.

Provide compassionate animal-friendly environments that respect the dignity and total needs of all animals under our care and protection.

Provide outreach programs and networks for animal adoptions, public respect and appreciation of animals, and awareness of animal needs as well as human responsibilities.

Our vision is, through example, advocacy, and outreach, to make a real difference in not only the animals we help but in future treatment and respect for all life, great or small.
Login to Me Too

bourdonarmy

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I am choosing this organization, because i was wounded in afghanistan in 2007 with the army, and the wounded warrior project has since helped me out through a lot in life, and i want them to be able to help others in need as well

Login to Me Too

igthoos
New Community Member

This is such a great and meaningful program!

http://www.compassion.com

Compassion focuses on the spiritual, physical, economic and social needs of children in poverty.

Compassion International is a Christian child development organization dedicated to releasing children from poverty. Our ministry is twofold: We work through local churches to provide child development programs to deliver children from economic, physical, social and spiritual poverty, enabling them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults. And we speak out for children in poverty – informing, motivating and equipping others to become advocates for children.

Login to Me Too

michaelann33
Contributor
Contributor

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Helping patients with blood cancers live better, longer lives. http://www.lls.org/. On my birthday 2008 I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, my form of blood cancer has no cure, but it is treatable. The amazing folks at the lymphoma society are a god send, In 2010, about 628,415 people are living with lymphoma or are in remission (no sign of the disease). This number includes about 153,535 people with Hodgkin lymphoma and 474,880 people with NHL. Blood Cancer is one of the fastest growing cancers.. Please help find a cure in my lifetime.  God Blessl

Login to Me Too

Pastorjack
Contributor
Contributor

My favorite charity is Payatas Mission Outreach, Inc.

They are working in the poorest area of the Philippines helping children to boost their education so that they will have hope for the future.

Gifts to the Organization have a 100% impact on the kids there.

Additionally they teach music programs, have food programs, send kids to camp,VBS,Christmas celebration where there is no Christmas.

http://www.payatasmissionoutreach.org 501(c) 3 non profit (site)

http://escobia225.multiply.com/photos 

Login to Me Too

erms
Contributor
Contributor

Mikkelle's Obituary

My favorite charity is The Children's Miracle Network.

https://donations.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/

Texas Children's Hospital made it possible for me to have 11 wonderful years with my beautiful great niece, Mikkelle.

Mikkelle was born at 13 ounces and we thought she wouldn't live.  She grew into a beautiful young girl who was a savant with music.  She could hear a song and then play it on several different instruments and sing it in perfect tune.

She passed this past Monday morning after a sever seizure.

I will forever miss her beauty and her fighting spirit and hope that in her name, some other person may have the chance to know the wonderful abilities of special needs children.

Login to Me Too

terrymartin03

My favorite charity is the Lymphoma Research Foundation.  It helps fund research and development for Lymphoma cures, grants to lymphoma patients in need, helps offset the cost of lymphoma treatments for patients in need and much more.  It's website is:   www.lymphoma.org/.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.