Share your favorite charity with us and win a donation to your cause!

_LouisH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. The holiday seasons are in full swing this month we decided to do something different. For the December Reward, since it’s the season of giving, we want to hear about what charities and causes you’re interested in.  Post the URL for your charity on the community message board and include a brief description of what it does and why it matters to  you. At the end of the month, we will randomly select 25 member posts who will each receive a $250 contribution, to their chosen charity, in your name.

For an extensive list of charitable causes visit Donate with PayPal.

Happy Holidays,

Louis

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

kpaulgberg
Contributor
Contributor

I think the Hope Center in Beaumont, Texas is doing a fabulous job! Keep it up ...helping ladies found in a crisis pregnancy situation...

Dr G

Login to Me Too

LookAtMe
Contributor
Contributor

right now my favorite charity is me!

I'm starting nursing (RN) school in January and the costs for books, uniforms and equipment is crazy expensive. I'm looking at $1500 to $2000 before classes start Jan 9th 2012. And that doesn't include tuition of approx $1000 per semester for 5 semesters.

I've been listing a lot of my personal belongs on eBay to raise the funds and help support myself while in school. If I'm picked I'd feel really blessed and if not then I'll still persue my goal, just be a little tougher.

Thanks for reading!!

Susan

Login to Me Too

I use Paypal to donate to Kiva.org every month.  Kiva is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit that funds loans for entrepreneurs across the globe.  A loan as small as $25 can assist a business owner to expand, purchase inventory, buy new equipment or receive an education.  For December, I'd like to see 10 entrepreneurs get their loans funded in the Paypal Advantage charity donation contest!

Login to Me Too

Pinkkupcakez
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.animals-abused.org/

With the economy the way it is, there are a lot of innocent animals being abandoned, or worse, used as punching bags.  Those poor souls might never made it to shelters and even if they do, they would not be considered adoptable due to injuries.  It's great that there's a group out there to address this issue.

Login to Me Too

sulkat

www.nationalmssociety.org

One of my best friends has a son, only 34 years of age, who has rapidly-progressing multiple sclerosis. The MS society has helped him to re-fit the doors in his home so that he can get around the house in his wheelchair. The most important thing for which the MS society can use donations, however, is to find a cure! Let's do all we can to make this happen!

Login to Me Too

dizama
Contributor
Contributor

My favorite charity is one where I volunteer as many hours as I can.  It is the Joyce Hansen Hall Foodbank in Ogden, UT.  It services over 2,000 low income individuals, families and seniors monthly in Northern Utah.  They not only provide a monthly food basket, but also an additional Thanksgiving and Christmas food basket, as well as diapers and hygiene kits when donations allow.  At this time in our economy, the donations are less and the need is greater.  They help not only at this time of year, but all year long, as the need does not stop when the holidays are over.   They help all people regardless of religious affiliation through Catholic Community Services’ Northern Utah Office.  Their website is:  http://www.ccsutah.org/.  They also provide additional basic needs services such as homelessness prevention and the St Martha’s project providing baby layettes to low income new mothers.

Login to Me Too

ogees
New Community Member

Check out Kiva! Making loans to people around the world so they can better themselves feels great. Kiva has made a difference in the lives of many, including mine. www.kiva.org

Login to Me Too

leonag
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.lifegift.org/

These people conjunction with St. Lukes Hospital made the passing of my son so much more bearable. They had counselors that made the whole donation process very easy, and made us feel how important our loved one was to bring health and life to three other people that might not be here today had it not been for my sons gift to them. My son was treated as a hero with his name and photo on a plaque permenantly placed in the hallway of the hospital where we can visit at all times. His photo was also placed on a memorial quilt with all the other doners, and they allow contact with the recipient of his gift, so they can know the person that gave them life and hope. We were also sent a handmade blanket from one of their volenteers who does it without compensation to bring comfort to the donars family. I can't say enough about these wonderful people. I hope Lifegift is chosen because of the caring people that work for them.

Login to Me Too

craze4utoo

http://www.compassionatefriends.org - The Compassionate Friends - Supports Families after the loss of a child.

After loosing my only child in a tragic car accident in Feb 2005, Compassionate Friends was an instant resource for my grieving process, by all the posts from other parents suffering my same pain.  When a husband dies, the wife becomes a widow and when a wife dies, the husband becomes a widower.  But we have no name to call some one who has lost a child, probably because it is the most indescribable loss any parent can suffer.

I hope my charity is chosen so that I can be counted as a contributing member of The Compassionate Friends organization, in another way, other than, being a Parent who has lost her child.

Login to Me Too

americanportal
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/December-Reward-Share-your/ADRA-a-worldwide-organization-providi...

ADRA is focused on helping those who can't help themselves, but instead of just offering food, shelter, etc. they work to equip and enable people to care for themselves.

ADRA.org

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.