constant contact pay pal

schmindy1111
New Community Member

I am running a campaign through constant contact and it has a pay pal link so clients can purchase directly from accessing the email, but I am only running the special for a limited time, can I stop the link on paypal end or stop accepting payments after a certian time frame?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi schmindy1111,

Welcome!

From reading the constant contact help pages, it appears that this would not be possible using their standard PayPal account linking feature.  The instructions recommend creating a custom PayPal payment link or button and add it do the email template.

This would allow you disable that link at the time of your choosing or even implement an inventory system so that only so many items can be purchased at the special price.

You can create a PayPal button/payment link by going here:

PayPal Button Designer

After filling out the information in Step 1, go to Step 2 and make sure that "" is checked. 

savebutton.PNG

You can also choose to add the inventory settings at this point as well.  If you're not logged into your PayPal account, you may need to click the "Log In" link to see these settings.

There are some other useful options you can explore under Step 3.  You'll just need to click "Create Button" to view the button code and get the payment link.  The payment link option will only be available if you did not set any of the options for "Customize button" under Step 1.

emaillink.PNG

This button/link will not be saved in your PayPal profile.  When you want the promotion to end, the saved button can be deleted and would no longer work.  The downside is that the customer would receive a generic error message if they try to click the link/button after it has been deleted.  I wouldn't expect it to be a big problem if the expiration date for the promotion is clearly listed in the email. 🙂

I wasn't able to find a better option from constant contact but you may want to contact them to see if they have something designed for limited time promotions.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.