Redeeming Ebay gift certificates

batman67
New Community Member

Is Paypal having problems redeeming ebay gift certificates?  I was able to use mine for one purchase, and when I went ot use it again (to clear remaining balance) paypal says it is not valid.   Does anyone know what is going on?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

scarecrow458
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, they are having a problem. Don't expect to get it resolved anytime soon though, because they claim it is not on their end, and therefore it does not exist.

Login to Me Too

somebodyhelpme
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same exact problem since Christmas.  If anyone finally gets an answer, please let us know!

Login to Me Too

jclaymore
Contributor
Contributor

I to was having problems with my gift card however I figured it out.

On your gift card there is a 9 digit redemption code on the back and on the bottom there is the 4 digit pin number. Those combined make up your 13 digit redemption code.

Voila.

Let me know if this works for you.

Login to Me Too

somebodyhelpme
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is a gift certificate, not a gift card, but thanks for trying!

Login to Me Too

JeanValjean1789
New Community Member

Yes, it worked. Thanks for posting this suggestion. I used an ebay gift card that I received as a gift.

Login to Me Too

canjhunt
Contributor
Contributor
  1. Hi 🙂
Login to Me Too

canjhunt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 🙂

I have been trying to redeem out Ebay Gift Certificate since yesterday. I called Ebay and since mine "works" all the way through the check out process until it got the the actual Papal "Pay" page, they told me its Papal. I was able to use it last week with no trouble, but now I have a seller waiting for a payment that I cannot make,lol!.

Let me know if you have any success 🙂

Login to Me Too

masbush
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I received a $100 ebay gift certificate for Christmas.  Used about $64 on one transaction, but now it says the redemption code in invalid.  It should still have $36 on it.  I chatted with ebay and they sent me to PayPal (after 50 minutes waiting for prolonged replies during the chat session).  I'm currently on hold with PayPal.  I'll post another reply after I talk to them.

Login to Me Too

Skeeters
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I used the cert for $25 of $75 and now can't pay for an auction with the balance.  This whole thing sounds like a very convenient problem for them not to fix.  Paypal keeps X amount while we have to pay a seller with personal funds.  It brings buyers to ebay and free money from the family member that gave me the card.  It sure doesn't sound like they have any interest in fixing the problem quickly.

I haven't used ebay in years and this sure doesn't make me want to return.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.