Paypal vouchers

MandyN
New Community Member

Does anyone know how you get Paypal discount vouchers? Every time I pay with Paypal on ebay there is a section which says "enter voucher code" but I have never had one, even though I've been using Paypal for years. Are they something that you can earn? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi MandyN, and welcome to the boards!

There are a number of different promotional codes that could go in that little box.  PayPal and merchants who use PayPal send out coupons from time to time - just by having an account, you may be selected to receive a coupon! 

You can also check out some of the deals available to PayPal account holders here: https://www.paypal-shopping.com/

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

jhbstx25
New Community Member

What is the voucher charge I see when paying or getting a refund from eBay? Sounds like paypal is charging for using their services when I'm paying and getting money refunded from eBay transactions. Why is that?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about here.  PayPal doesn't charge you to receive I refund; that would be, well, just plain unfair, wouldn't  it?  Smiley Happy

Let's say you pay a merchant $100, and use an eBay voucher for $50 to cover part of the expenses.

For whatever reason, the purchase can't be completed, and the transaction is refunded.

As vouchers/coupons/gift cards/etc aren't redeemable for cash, what happens is this:

1.  PayPal puts the full amount of the refund in your balance.

2.  If a voucher/etc was used, the value of the voucher is taken back out

3.  Remainder is left in the balance, or sent  back to the card that was originally charged

However, the voucher or gift card will be "recharged" by this action, so as long as it isn't expired, you'll be able to use it again.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

glsmitty8
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.