Overstock/Paypal coupon - $25 off $100 purchase

Smarty-pants
Contributor
Contributor

I got this $25 off $100 promo in my email from Paypal. In fact, I actually got 2 (rolleyes).

However, I can't seem to make either one of them work.

I see the banner to click on in the email, and when I do it takes me directly to the overstock site.

I add $100 worth of merchandise to my Overstock cart, but when checking out with Paypal, I get to the final screen to finalize the order and there is never a discount showing.

When I arrive at the site after clicking on the email link, I do see a banner at the top of the Overstock site that says $25 off $100.

I have no idea what the terms of the coupon are, because they aren't listed anywhere.

There's a little icon in the banner from the email labeled terms, but clicking on just does the same as clicking on any other part of the banner. It just takes you directly to Overstock, where once again, there are no terms listed there either.

I do have $100 worth of merchandise in my cart BEFORE s/h is added, so I would think this should be working, but it does not.

I get an itchy finger to hit the SUBMIT ORDER button, holding my breath and hoping the next page or my Paypal account will reflct the discount, but I have a sneaky feeling it won't.

Where oh where is my discount, and why won't this coupon work?

Please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jenny4
Contributor
Contributor

At least you got the email. I've been using PP since it's inception and have never gotten an email like this. Luckily I was able to access the $25 off $100 on buy.com through a deal site, but what do I have to do to get the email promotions??

Good luck with Overstock - hope you can get it to work for you!

Login to Me Too

Smarty-pants
Contributor
Contributor

Ya, I normally don't get them either. Especially when there are coupons for Ebay.

Got lucky this time I guess... well, almost.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.