Ebay Gift Card code number

kathylyn19
Contributor
Contributor

I received a Ebay Gift Card with only 9 code numbers on it instead of  12 numbers.  I wanted to purchase an item and put in the 9 numbers it wouldn't accept  it. I errased the grey area also. What does a buyer do when they have a EBAY Gift card that has only 9 code numbers instead of 12 numbers????.

Sincerly yours,

kathylyn19

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kathylyn19
Contributor
Contributor

I had a $25.00 Gift Card to use. I used only 1/2 of it on 2 purchases. I did try to use the other half of the amount on 2 other items. Some how i came up about $2..00 short. So the Seller was able to let me pay by a money order this time when I told them I had used a $25.00 didn't cover the other 2 items. That was nice of them to allow it. Not all Ebay sllers allow this. You have to ask them and give them a good reason to pay forit that way.

My problem is that I have about half of that amount left over on the $25.00 Ebay Gift Card. Can I use the rest of the balance left over from the $25.00 Gift Card?. The item or items would have to be under that amount left over on the $25.00 Ebay GIFT Card. This also depends on what the item or items is and have FREE SHIPPING. And how many items could you get on the rest of the left over balance of the $25.00 Ebay Gift Card. My interest in this case would be jewelry, earrings, and rings and necklaces some are FREE SHIPPING. You would have to be very careful not to EXCEED THE LIMIT OF THE BALANCE LEFT OVER..

Sincerely yours,

kathylyn19

Login to Me Too

Levetation
New Community Member

I got a card that was purchased and activated at a store.  The thirteen digit code was made up of two numbers on the back of the card. There was the 9 digit Redemption Gift Card number under the bar code and the 4 digit PIN on the right side of the card.  I checked it by calling 866-914-8078 to get my balance.

Login to Me Too

logan111
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever figure out the 9 digit number problem i have a nine too

Login to Me Too

kathylyn19
Contributor
Contributor

Dear logan111                                                                                                                              4/27/2011

YES!!!, I finally figured out how to put the numbers on the Ebay Gift Card. It had been a long time since I had used one. I have to be very careful how to use them. I wanted to use one for some item, I pressed the right box but it said it was already charged to my account being it was under $20.00 dollars-THE WEB PAGE JUMPED!!!!  I had to email the seller I had a Ebay GIFT CARD, MY PHONE NUMBER ETC. The seller called me to let me know everything was okay. I could have used a money order but no, I used a Ebay GIFT CARD. Sometimes a money order doesn't get to the seller and is late you have to use GIFT CARD.. Make sure you don't go over the limit on what you buy.  I have to start using Gift Cards now. Once in a while a seller lets me use a money order  for a reasonable excuse. I go through a lot of worry ???WONDERING??? is it gets there. Yes it does get there, eventually kind of late... I have to keep a good standing in the Ebay Community and keep my payments on time.. 

Thank you for your email.

Sincerely yours,

Kathylyn19

Login to Me Too

buckybadger333
New Community Member

SAME PROBLEM---MY GIFT CODE IS 9 NUMBERS ON BACK OF CARD---NOT VALID---UPON CALLING PHONE NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THE CARD,THE RESPONSE IS TO ENTER MY 13 DIGIT CODE---SINCE I ONLY HAVE 9,I ENTER THE 9 DIGITS OVER THE PHONE,RESPONSE IS INVALID,THEN A HANG -UP  NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

THANKS,JERRY

Login to Me Too

kathylyn19
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again,                                                                                         1/5/2012

As usual my in-law gave me another Ebay Gift Card.I have to use it wisely and carefully. I am almost finished with paying off this present auction bill. i do hope to pay of Bill Me Later payments very soon.. When it is payed off I will feel good about my self in paying my bills. Bill Me Later is a good payment plan to use.With the Ebay Gift Card you have to be careful how much you run up on your auction site. PayPal Payment site. To me it is like a good training practice for myself in these times.

Just that one time I had a hard time dealing with the Ebay Code number on the back. Then I called the Rep. She explianed to me what to do.. Then I remembered how I did it.

Thank you,

Kathylyn19

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.