Angie's List Offer?

katnipped
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I got an e-mail from Paypal that says my "offer for 50% off an Angie's List annual membership when you pay with Paypal is expiring soon!"  Trouble is, I don't remember ever getting this offer. 

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate e-mail?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minnesotacin
New Community Member

I got the email too. To get the Angie's List offer you must have received the offer from PayPal too. I don't remember getting the PayPal offer either.

Login to Me Too

nosurndr
New Community Member

Still didn't answer the question.  I NEVER NEVER NEVER respond to an email that is supposedly from "paypal" directly.  I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go to Paypal, sign in and deal with the issue through them.  Therefore, although I am interested in getting a discount on an Angie's list membership for a year, I cannot respond unless I know this is legitimately from Paypal.  Does anyone know the answer to the question whether this is legitimate?  I can't find it on Paypal either.  I refuse to provide any info to a 2nd party email such as this.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

cvyslv
New Community Member

I got the offer, too, only mine was for 60% off membership. I tried to enroll, but it wouldn't let me pay using Paypal. It insisted I enter a new credit card number. Everything obvious about the pages said "Paypal", yet I couldn't pay with Paypal. I clicked on the "contact us" at the bottom of the offer page, and got Angie's List. They knew nothing of the promotion, but were willing to enroll me at 60% off, if I gave them a credit card number. Said No Thanks, and tried to discuss it with Sara at Paypal. She's just a computer that responds to key words in the text.

Next I called Paypal, received all the automated information about my account before I was given a chance to ask any questions, got another computer that wanted the right key words and finally decided it couldn't deal with me and connected me to a live person. After more than a 5 minute wait, my call was disconnect.

I then tried to email Paypal for information, but that also has to be done with the right selections and key words, none of which applied to my question. This is my last option. Does anyone know how to take advantage of this offer, if it's legitimate, without using a credit card???

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

I just wanted to confirm that PayPal did send an email on April 12th with an offer of discounted membership for Angie's List.

A reminder email was sent on April 25th.

I'll put the terms and conditions below in case you have any questions!

Amanda

*Special Offer Terms and Conditions:

PayPal customers will receive 50% off the membership cost when they sign up and purchase an annual Angie's List membership ("Offer"). Offer begins on April 12, 2011 and ends on April 28, 2011. The membership discount will be applied at time of sign up. Offer limited to one per PayPal account.

In order to receive this Offer you must a) have a U.S. PayPal account in good standing, b) receive an email from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, c) use the link in this email to sign up for an annual membership at Angie's List during the promotional period, and d) complete your purchase using PayPal.

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to, the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. Offer cannot be combined with any other Offer.

PayPal and Angie's List reserve the right to cancel, suspend, or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason at their sole discretion.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.