$50 promotional offer when you link your bank account

alwayskerri
Contributor
Contributor

I linked my bank account to Paypal to receive $50.00 for a promotional offer. When will I receive that money?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Kierstal
Contributor
Contributor

They sit on it for so long because that way they can collect interest on it, no doubt.

6-8 weeks? And of course you have to make a purchase, why does this not surprise me.

They didn't say the purchase has to be above a certain minimum amount, did they? Can I theoretically buy something for $5 with my bank account and still get the credit? or do I have to spend $50 to get $50?

Login to Me Too

cchausman
New Community Member
On Tuesday I saw an advert from PayPal that said I would get $50 added to my account if I verified my account by linking a bank account. I didn't want to "Verify Instantly" because that would involve giving them my passwords and security answers, so I did the 2-3 day verification process of confirming small deposits. I just entered the deposits today and verified my account, but I don't have the $50 in my account. What gives?
Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Was it an advertisement ON THE PAYPAL SITE AFTER YOU LOGGED IN or an email or advertisement on some other site?  I will bet you it was an email or outside ad that asked you to "Click Here" and enter all your information.  Doing so would have given all of your banking and paypal information to some rat in eastern Europe who would then use the info to raid your bank account.  Read the information on the PayPal site about protecting your account.  It was a fraudulent ad.

Login to Me Too

MacMan1984
Contributor
Contributor

No, SteveHogan, we all saw this right on the main overview page after loggiong-in, and it simply linked you to the bank account verification page you'd see any time before or after this promo.  There were *NO* details and the fact that they *NEVER* said *ANYTHING* after we verified, nor after we confirmed, about having to make any purchase (what the?!?!) means that the *ONLY* RAT in thsi deal is PAYPAL itself!!!!!!!!!

How much?  By when?  What gives?

WHAT A LOAD OF !@#$%^&*.

Welcome to PayPal...

I guess I'll go make the unknown purchase now, but i better get my $50, b/c the ONLY terms shown were to verify, which I did.

Bums.

Login to Me Too

MacMan1984
Contributor
Contributor

OK, purchase made.  Now I get to wait 6-8 weeks for my promised money.  PayPal, the clock is ticking...

Shame for requiring a purchase but not saying anything about *ANY* of the details on this promo at *ANY* time!  Thanks for the promo, but you can keep the slick means of trying to get out from under it after the fact.

Login to Me Too

cparren

Wow, that is really stupid that it takes so long to get the credit for verifying your PayPal account when it takes seconds to transfer funds for anything anywhere in the world.  AND you have to buy something before you get the credit?  Haven't I bought enough things online through my account?  Come on PayPal, get with the program....it's 2011 and people want great customer service!  There should have been a terms and conditions page to go with this promo, an e-mail confirmation for the promo once your account has been verified, AND the credit should be instant.  I was able to verify the link for my bank account instantly, so why are you so slow to give me the credit that I was promised for doing it???

Login to Me Too

hurricaneangels
New Community Member

I also seen the promo and did what they asked and still have not recieved the $50. I've sent them emails about with no return response. This really is not looking good for paypal ...and this is the 1st time I went for one of there promo's & it will be the last time.

Login to Me Too

DragonFlame
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem as the rest of you. I saw the offer (on PayPal after having logged in), completed the necessary info, verified, and have made several transactions through the account since then. No $50 credit. Called customer service and got the same sort of runaround...it takes 6-8 weeks, blah, blah. This from a company that specializes in electronic transfer of money? Bah! The only reason is because they want to hang on to it for as long as possible obviously.

Problem is, it appears they wish to not part with it AT ALL. Needless to say, I'm not impressed

I'm curious to know if ANYONE out there has received this credit. If not, and if "6 to 8 weeks" comes and goes, then it seems to me that this is a clear case of fraud on the part of PayPal.

Besides the call to customer service I sent in an email to PayPal help about this and...you guessed it. Got absolutely no response. Typical online company w/plenty of money and customers...they'll blow you off when they want to, and make good on their promises if and when they want to.

If you're at or beyond the 6-8 week window, my best suggestion is to call and be assertive. If you get no joy from a parrot at the other end of the line, ask to be transferred to their manager. Keep working your way up the line as far as you can get. Perhaps at some point they'll get the idea that "customer service" means providing a service to the customer, and that their little promotions are something they should honor and be honest about.

Login to Me Too

DragonFlame
Contributor
Contributor

By the way...the thought occurred to me that the behavior on the part of PayPal regarding this promotion is much like the fraudsters they supposedly fight. And the follow-on thought was that if PayPal DOESN'T follow through on their promotional promise, it might fall under the heading of interstate email or online fraud. If I get stiffed by PayPal on this I definitely plan to find out.

Of course, if they actually do follow through in 6-8 weeks (ahem, really?) then it's a non-issue.

Login to Me Too

JessyDrastic
Contributor
Contributor

wow... PayPal actually comes through..! woke up today to an extra $50..

THANKS PAYPAL!  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.