Beware - Fraud - spoof

b3rna72
Colaborador
Colaborador

Hi all.

Days ago i received a fake e mail from the following adress  paypal(arroba)live(dot)com regarding the following information, so beware if you received, is a fake e mail.

Dear Paypal User,
We wish to bring to your notice our new paypal integration system service,Paypal integration service helps
you to balance your payment transactions to your merchandise.
With our new payment integration system,your payments for any services is twice faster no matter the speed
of your internet or broadbandwith migration through any payment gateway of any merchandise and at anytime
of the day.
With paypal integration system,Your bank account number is safe. You're 100% protected against unauthorized
payments sent from your PayPal account and you account is temporarily deactivated if our integration system notice
login of account from a different IP address not from the residential location until we receive a confirmation from you.
To update your paypal account integration process,please see the attached secured information transmission
documents and proceed with submission of your details to assist
us in giving you the best of our security and safe payment online.
                                 PayPal Integration ID PP1268

--Archivo adjunto de mensaje reenviado--

UPDATE YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT
Date Of Birth[DD]/[MM]/[YYYY]*
Card Type/Last Four Digit[Visa]/[MasterCard]/[American Express] *
Expiry Date*
Card Security Code[CVV]*
Billing Address*
Area Pin/postal/Zip Code*
Email Address*
Password*
Paypal Password[If Different From Email Password]*
Verified Phone Number*
Full Name(as it appears on card)*

Powered by : Form2Go
Login to Me Too
8 RESPUESTAS 8

_Ulises
Colaborador
Colaborador

Hi b3rna72:

Thanks for your message.Could you please forward the email to the following address: spoof@paypal.com? so PayPal can take proper action?. Here are some useful tips to prevent users from opening a fake or phishing email: 

Phishing emails are fake emails that pretend to be from PayPal (but aren't from PayPal) and often send you to fake websites.  These emails try to get you to reveal sensitive personal information, such as your Social Security Number, bank or credit card numbers, PIN numbers, or account passwords. 

At PayPal, we won't send you an email asking you to give us any of the following:

• your full bank or credit card number
  • your debit card PIN number
  • your entire driver's license numbers
  • a listing of your email addresses
  • a listing of your physical (street) addresses
  • your full name
  • your password (to PayPal or any other account)
  • the answers to your security questions

We also won't ask you to view an attachment or install a software update.  Only a few of our emails to you - such as for password recovery or to confirm an email address - will ask that you click on hyperlink to complete an action.  If you didn't request a password reset or add an email address, scrutinize the email further before proceeding.

In fact, most phishing emails will present you with a situation that tries to provoke you into immediate action - and usually recommends that you click on a link in the same email to dispute a transaction or provide the requested information as soon as possible. 

Our emails to you will always address you by the first and last name or the business name you registered with on PayPal.  Unsure of what this is?  Go to https://www.paypal.com and log in.  You'll be greeted by your first and last name.  Emails that address you by "Dear PayPal Member" or other, similar greetings are a sure give away that they aren't real.

If you've received an email that you're suspicious of, stop!  Don't open it or click on any links.  Open a separate browser window and go to directly to https://www.paypal.com and check on your account.  If there is an issue or a payment has  been made, it will be visible there. 

If you receive a phishing or spoof email pretending to be from PayPal, or you're unsure if it is from PayPal, please forward the email, including the header, to spoof@paypal.com.  Then delete the email from your inbox.

I know we all try to be vigilant in the digital era, but if you've responded to a spoof email with any sensitive personal information, or entered that information on a site that pretends to be PayPal but isn't, take action to secure those pieces of information as soon as possible.  If you believe you have been a victim of identity theft or other personal information has been compromised, start by learning more here.

Stay safe,

Ulises

Login to Me Too

b3rna72
Colaborador
Colaborador

Thanks Ulises, and yes, i forward the message the same day that he arrives to my mailbox.

Login to Me Too

b3rna72
Colaborador
Colaborador

Today i received the confirmation from the team of Paypal about the fake message.

I copy some lines to see what would you do just in case you received a fake or suspicious email.

Thanks for reporting that suspicious-looking email. The email you 
received was not sent by PayPal and it links to a fake website. We are
investigating and working on stopping the fraud.

If you have already given any personal or financial information to this
fake website, you should immediately log in to your PayPal account and
change the password and secret questions. You should also tell your bank
about this problem.

To learn how to change your password, go to the PayPal website, click
"Help" at the top of the page, and enter "How do I change my password?"
in the search box.

You should report any unauthorized account activity to PayPal. Here's
how:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
2. Click "Security Center" at the top of any PayPal page.
3. Click "Start an unauthorized transaction claim" under "Report a
problem" on the left.
4. Log in to your account, or click "Continue" if you are unable to log
in.
5. Review the information about unauthorized transactions, and click
"Continue."
6. Complete the report and click "Preview."
7. Check the box to state that the claim is accurate and click "Submit."
8. Confirm that you're the account owner by entering the financial
information requested, and click "Continue."

Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate the
opportunity to pass along this information.

Thanks,

PayPal

Login to Me Too

b3rna72
Colaborador
Colaborador

Today arrives another fake message, now in French!

I forward the message like the previous to the team of Paypal.

De:PayPal paypaI(arroba)contact(dot)fr
Enviado:jueves, 14 de abril de 2011 05:37:58 p.m.
Para:

Demande De Virement De Solde Sur Votre Compte Bancaire !‏

Confirmez vos information Personnelle

Dans le cadre de nos mesures de securite, Nous verifions regulierement l'activite de l'ecran PayPal.

Nous avons demande des informations a vous pour la raison suivante

Notre systeme a detecte une carte bancaire liee a votre compte .

C'est le dernier rappel pour vous connecter a PayPal, le plus tot possible,Une fois que vous serez connecter
PayPal vous fournira des mesures pour retablir l'acces a votre compte.

une fois connecte, suivez les etapes pour activer votre compte
Nous vous remercions de votre comprehension pendant que nous travaillons a assurer la securite compte.

La procedure est tres simple:
  1. Cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous pour ouvrir une fenetre de navigateur securisee.
  2. Confirmez que vous etes bien le titulaire du compte et suivez les instructions.

Acceder a votre compte

Merci,
PayPal

Login to Me Too

_Ulises
Colaborador
Colaborador

Hi b3rna72 !

Thanks a lot for reporting this second spoof to PayPal. Please, keep on doing that whenever your receive a fake email

Cheers

Login to Me Too

b3rna72
Colaborador
Colaborador

Hi again.

Another fake message arrives today. After reading the message i check my account and i find all ok, so i forwarded the message to the team of paypal to verify the message and sender.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Paypal user,

As part of our security reasons, we regularly screen activity in the Paypal system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.

We requested information from you for the following reason:

We recently received a report of unauthorized credit card use associated with this account. As a precaution, we have limited access to your Paypal account in order to protect against future unauthorized transactions.

Case ID Number: PP-503-472-569

This is a reminder to restore your account as soon as possible.

Please download the form attached to this email and open it in a web browser. Once opened, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account safety.

In accordance with Paypal User Agreement, your account access will remain limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your account remains limited for an extended period of time,

it may result in further limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to restore your Paypal account as soon as possible to help avoid this.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Paypal Account Review Department

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 1999-2011 Paypal. All rights reserved.

Paypal (Europe) S.а r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Sociйtй en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Paypal Email ID PP3573

Login to Me Too

b3rna72
Colaborador
Colaborador

Hi again.

Another fake message arrives today. After reading the message i check my account and i find all ok, so i forwarded the message to the team of paypal to verify the message and sender.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Paypal user,

As part of our security reasons, we regularly screen activity in the Paypal system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.

We requested information from you for the following reason:

We recently received a report of unauthorized credit card use associated with this account. As a precaution, we have limited access to your Paypal account in order to protect against future unauthorized transactions.

Case ID Number: PP-503-472-569

This is a reminder to restore your account as soon as possible.

Please download the form attached to this email and open it in a web browser. Once opened, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account safety.

In accordance with Paypal User Agreement, your account access will remain limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your account remains limited for an extended period of time,

it may result in further limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to restore your Paypal account as soon as possible to help avoid this.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Paypal Account Review Department

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 1999-2011 Paypal. All rights reserved.

Paypal (Europe) S.а r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Sociйtй en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Paypal Email ID PP3573

Login to Me Too

mrpeso
Colaborador
Colaborador

Days ago i  list one truck to sale in a mexicansite (mercadolibre) and i received a fake e mail from the following adress  paypal(regarding of a payment and they ask me to send a western union money order so i guest that this was a fishing now they tellme thet they have been contact fbi and paypal to report me because ai dont send the money that they ask , but i know that was a fishing

Asunto: Notification of an Instant Payment Received from (removed)

Tra

You've got a payment of $11,000.00 USD from (Removed)
Thanks for using PayPal®. Below is the transaction details, PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY. It takes few moments for this transaction to appear in your account please follow the new 

Buyers Name: (removed)
Sellers Name: (removed) Transaction ID: 0TR19308DU070732T Merchandise: Ford F-150 Amount: $9,300.00 USD Shipping Amount: $1,500.00 USD Western Union Charges: $200.00 USD Total Amount: $11,000.00 USD

This is to inform you that you are required to send a sum of 
$1,500.00 USD to the shipping agent's address below viaWestern Union Money Transfer and complete the form below to complete the transaction. As soon as we receive those information from you, your will be credited with the full total sum of$11,000.00 USD immediately. 

Below is the pick-up agent's address where you are advised to send the money to using 
Western Union Money Transfer.

Agent's Confirmed Information:

Agent Rep Name: (Removed)
Address: (Removed)
City: (Removed)
State: (Removed)
Zip Code: (Removed)

This payment has already been confirmed and approved by PayPal®, while the whole above said amount has been fully deducted from the buyer's account which can "NEVER BE REVERSED" in any way, but the money will only be credited into your account as soon as you send the $1,500.00 USD to the shipping agent for the pick up of the merchandise and reply to this message with the Western Union details. 

We urge you to proceed and send a sum of $1,500.00 USD to the shipping agent address stated above and  if you have send the money to the shipping agent, to "COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION" for the payment to be credited into your account,simply reply to this message with the Money 
Western Union so that we can have your account credited with all the full funds in the amount of  $11,000.00 USD

Please, understand that the buyer and seller's protection policy is implemented for security measure in other to help protect both Buyer and Seller. Because some sellers do receive money from the buyer and will not later complete the transaction as agreed
 will be held responsible for any amount involved. We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. 

You can only confirm this transaction by replying to our customer care here:

Please, understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect both the Buyer and the Seller.Weapologize for the inconvenience that has caused you.

Because of the inconvenience this causes we are giving you the next two incoming transfers for free! You will pay no fees for your next two incoming transfers.

PayPal will be responsible for any loss incurred during the course of this transaction.

With more than 147 million accounts worldwide, we are a leading online payment method you can trust! 

Thank you for using 
PayPal Security.

(Removed)

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Copyright© 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (USD) Limited is authorized and regulated by theFinancial Services Authority in the United State of America as an electronic money institution. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.

PayPal Email ID PP1525
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.