Weekly specific topic - Chargebacks

PayPal_david

Hi everyone.

As well as running the weekly Live Chat every Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm GMT, we will also be running a separate thread for a week on specific topics.

From today until next Tuesday, the 4th of October, we will be talking about Chargebacks through PayPal.

I will start by advising on some common queries that we receive regarding chargebacks. If you have anything else that you would like to ask, please feel free to ask here and we will monitor this thread over the next week.

Keep in mind that this is only relating to chargebacks. If you would like a different topic to be discussed next week or in future, please let us know through our Feedback thread here

Here are some common answers to queries that we receive:

- A chargeback is a dispute process where a buyer disputes the payment with their card issuer and not through PayPal. 

- When a chargeback is filed, the card issuer debit the funds from PayPal and we then need to provide them with information to try disputing the chargeback with them.

- As a seller, we then contact you to request information about the item sold, where it was posted, tracking number and any other information that would help us to try disputing the charge with the card issuer. The more information that you can provide, the more proof that we will have when trying to dispute the charge with the card issuer.

- The PayPal Seller Protection policy applies to all eligible payments that are received through the PayPal website in the event of a chargeback being filed. If you receive a payment for goods/services and the payment is showing as Eligible under the Seller Protection Policy, you will be covered once the item is posted to the address on the PayPal transaction details page and you can provide proof of this through the case.

- The card issuer make the final decision on the outcome of the chargeback, not PayPal. We can only try and dispute the case with them with the information that you provide to us but they decice the final outcome for the funds. If the payment is reversed by the card issuer and you are covered under our Seller Protection Policy, you will then receive a reimbursment from PayPal for the transaction amount.

You can find more information about chargebacks by visiting our chargeback guide on the PayPal website: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/chargebacks  |

If anyone has anything else that you would like to ask, please feel free to comment below Smiley Happy

David.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ptapiass
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David.

My account was limited a month ago, i uploaded all the necessary documents but you still have not revised them.

I sent you serveral menssages and you have not replied me yet.

Could you help me please?

Regards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.