Re: PayPal Community Chat 2/5 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, February 5th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Global Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Tuesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

We're going to skip the usual ice breakers again this week - so someone feel free to start up the conversation! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is well. I just got over a terrible cold that caused me to miss some work. The good news is that, between naps, I got to catch up on a lot of Law & Order episodes I missed over the years.

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is well. I just got over a terrible cold that caused me to miss some work. The good news is that, between naps, I got to catch up on a lot of Law & Order episodes I missed over the years.

- Olivia

There've been a lot of illnesses going around this year, it seems like (including a nasty strain of norovirus).  I know I haven't been feeling all that grand on and off for the last month, either, but it's always good to know I'm in good company Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

There've been a lot of illnesses going around this year, it seems like (including a nasty strain of norovirus).  I know I haven't been feeling all that grand on and off for the last month, either, but it's always good to know I'm in good company Smiley Happy

Completely! This cold and flu season's been a particularly rough one as far as I can tell. My dr's office has been swamped.

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Matter of fact, I'm feeling kinda off right now. *Cough**Cough*. I should probably leave right now.... (wanders off)

🙂

Andy

Login to Me Too

patriciot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I think this is great.

I have two questions: is this the chat, this forum? If this is not, I couldn't find the link.

And two: Should I ask my questions here? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi patriciot! Welcome to the Community Forum, and to our weekly chat!

The Community Forum is here 24/7, and it's where you can talk to other PayPal members. It's typical forum-style communication, so answers may not be immediate.

This weekly chat runs for an hour on Tuesdays from 4-5 CT, every week, and the moderator team is around to answer your questions.

To sum up - please, ask a question. We're happy to help!

- Olivia

Login to Me Too

patriciot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia. Thank you for your welcome.

I am struggling with this issue a few days ago, and I couldn't find any solutions. 

I am from Argentina, and I have a verified Paypal account since 2 years ago, with my VISA credit card. I always used it and it always worked fine. I have positive balance in my account two, and never a problem.

But last week I was going to pay for my Hosting Provider, and I noticed I couldn't use my credit card. I didn't have the options to change my Payment Method, I was able only to pay with my Balance. I didn't want to do that, I wanted to keep my balance, and pay with my credit card, but there wasn't an option. I thought it was maybe a configuration from the server (it was the checkout page of Paypal, anyway), but nope. I tried on another services and always the same - even I tried to send a payment through Paypal website.

I have the memory of be able to change the Payment method in the past, so I asked for a friend if he has this option, and he does. He has Balance in his acconut and a credit card linked, and when he wants to pay, he is able to chose from where is funds are coming. So, I want the same as he! 🙂

I suspected this may be some setting I change without know in the past. I was playing with the API and stuff, so maybe I configured something and I can't change it now.

Thank you so much for your time!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi patriciot,

I'd be happy to help shed some light on things!

This could be a couple of things, but the most likely issue is that there are funds available in your PayPal balance. When there is a balance on your PayPal account, a third-party credit card can't be used. The balance would have to be withdrawn or spent in order to allow the payment to be made with a credit card.

I hope this helps!

- Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.