PayPal USA Community Chat 9/27 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, September 27th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

colinpmcgee
Contributor
Contributor
I have a payment I need to accept but every time i click accept it takes me to a new page that says the action can’t be completed. It does this every time and I don’t know how to accept the payment. Help?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@colinpmcgee wrote:
I have a payment I need to accept but every time i click accept it takes me to a new page that says the action can’t be completed. It does this every time and I don’t know how to accept the payment. Help?

Hi colinpmcgee!

Thank you for joining us, and I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Is the payment possibly from a different country or currency? 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

alexisvolleybal
Contributor
Contributor

Hey im trying to send some money to a family member but im getting this error while sending. image.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@alexisvolleybal wrote:

Hey im trying to send some money to a family member but im getting this error while sending. image.png

Hi @alexisvolleybal!

Thanks for joining the chat! I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with sending a payment. 😞

It sounds like the payment might be getting stopped by our internal security model. Our internal security model reviews every transaction that passes through our system and looks at many different facets of a payment before allowing the payment to process through. We have this in place to help mitigate risk and prevent unauthorized payment activity. From time to time, we may catch a false postive and stop a good payment from going through. 

Is your PayPal account verified? If so, do you have a back up funding source like a credit or debit card in your PayPal Wallet?

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

alexisvolleybal
Contributor
Contributor

it is verified but i do not have a card linked

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@alexisvolleybal wrote:

it is verified but i do not have a card linked

Thanks for following up, @alexisvolleybal! Verification can usually help with send money problems because when you verify your PayPal account, you provide additional evidence of your identity to PayPal. This builds stronger security for everyone in the PayPal network. 

If you've completed account verification and the payment still isn't going through, I may recommend adding a back up payment method. I would also suggest reaching out to the recipient of the payment and asking them to make sure that their account is set up properly to receive payments as well. 

@if you've tried these suggestions and you're still unable to send the payment, then I would try giving customer support a shout for further troubleshooting. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

jpreff
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem (not able to send funds AND i can't even print a shipping label (just says try again later)). My account is verified and linked to a debit card and verified phone number. I need to print a shipping label to ship to a customer(whose money I can't even access because it is ON HOLD).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@jpreff wrote:

I have the same problem (not able to send funds AND i can't even print a shipping label (just says try again later)). My account is verified and linked to a debit card and verified phone number. I need to print a shipping label to ship to a customer(whose money I can't even access because it is ON HOLD).

Hi jpreff! 

Welcome to the Community! I'm so sorry that you are experiencing difficulties printing a label. It is possible that the debit card could be being declined, there isn't enough in the available balance to pay for the label, or something about the payment attempts has triggered our security system. We always happy to help as much as we can in the Community Forums, but for security and privacy reasons we cannot discuss your account in detail here. Because of this, calling us is probably the best option to determine why the attempt is failing. To do this, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page. Again, my sincere apologies and thank you for joining us today. 

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Infamous1010
Contributor
Contributor
I asked this question few times but I have gotten different answers so if anyone has an accurate answer, please let me know. Can I accept payments into couple different Paypal accounts on the same Ebay account? Ex: If I have 100 listings, can I have 10 listings use Paypal A, 30 listings use Paypal B, and the rest using Paypal C, etc?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@Infamous1010 wrote:
I asked this question few times but I have gotten different answers so if anyone has an accurate answer, please let me know. Can I accept payments into couple different Paypal accounts on the same Ebay account? Ex: If I have 100 listings, can I have 10 listings use Paypal A, 30 listings use Paypal B, and the rest using Paypal C, etc?

Hi Infamous!

That is a great question! I sincerely apologize, but having multiple accounts is considered a violation of our User Agreement. 😞 

I can see from your other posts that your main concern is PayPal reporting income to the IRS. Please know that at the end of the day, any income you receive is your responsibility to report in your taxes. Obviously I cannot give you tax advice but if an audit were to happen, we would be obliged to report all income regardless if it is divided across multiple accounts. I truly do not want the ramifications of this behavior to possibly affect you negatively, and I strongly encourage you to consolidate all income to one PayPal account. Also, consulting a tax professional regarding your sales would definitely help make life easier. 🙂 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.