PayPal USA Community Chat 9/20 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, September 13th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

extragoods
Contributor
Contributor

When a "item not received" case is closed in ebay doesn't paypal honor that decision? I understand they are different companies now but the seller protection policy is the same in that regard isn't it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@extragoods wrote:

When a "item not received" case is closed in ebay doesn't paypal honor that decision? I understand they are different companies now but the seller protection policy is the same in that regard isn't it?

Hi @extragoods

Thanks for joining the chat! As eBay and PayPal are different companies, our claims processes and policies may differ.

The PayPal transaction must be marked as eligible or partially eligible for Seller Protection to cover an item not received claim. PayPal's requirements for Seller Protection are:

• You must ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details page.
    • Even if the buyer sends you a request via email or an eBay message requesting shipment to an alternate address, only ship the item to the address provided in the Transaction Details.
  • Provide proof of delivery. For transactions of $750.00 or more, you need to provide signed delivery confirmation.
    • We require online tracking to confirm delivery.
  • Respond to our requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
    • These requests will be sent to the primary email address on your PayPal account.

For full details on PayPal's Seller Protection click here.

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

extragoods
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, could you take a closer look at Case number: PP-006-114-078-144

I shipped to the buyers address in the transaction details and the transaction is marked as eligible.

I have provided online tracking information, it is uploaded in the transaction.

Additional Requirements

For “Item Not Received” cases:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide online tracking to be eligible for protection.

For “Unauthorized Payment” cases:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide Proof of Delivery or Proof of Shipment as described below.

This is an "item not received" case not a "unathorized payment" case.  I have met all the requirements but yet paypal closed the case in the buyers favor.  i don't see what else I am missing here.  Please look further into this case.  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I feel that paypal made a mistake and prematurely refunded the buyer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@extragoods wrote:

Ok, could you take a closer look at Case number: PP-006-114-078-144

I shipped to the buyers address in the transaction details and the transaction is marked as eligible.

I have provided online tracking information, it is uploaded in the transaction.

Additional Requirements

For “Item Not Received” cases:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide online tracking to be eligible for protection.

For “Unauthorized Payment” cases:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide Proof of Delivery or Proof of Shipment as described below.

This is an "item not received" case not a "unathorized payment" case.  I have met all the requirements but yet paypal closed the case in the buyers favor.  i don't see what else I am missing here.  Please look further into this case.  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I feel that paypal made a mistake and prematurely refunded the buyer.

Hi @extragoods

@Thanks for your follow up and I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of a recent claim. 😞 For security purposes, we're only able to offer general support through the Community Chat. If all the requirements have been met, I'd recommend reaching out to PayPal customer support to request a second look at the claim or request an appeal. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page. 

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

LJ17
New Community Member

I sold an item on eBay. The buyer paid by PayPal and asked me to immediately send the item. So I paid extra shipping to fed ex the package, and required a signature. Tracking clearly shows the item was received about 5 days ago. This morning, I received a notification of cancellation of payment. I sent the buyer a messsage asking for the reason, and have not received any response. What do I do now? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@LJ17 wrote:

I sold an item on eBay. The buyer paid by PayPal and asked me to immediately send the item. So I paid extra shipping to fed ex the package, and required a signature. Tracking clearly shows the item was received about 5 days ago. This morning, I received a notification of cancellation of payment. I sent the buyer a messsage asking for the reason, and have not received any response. What do I do now? 

Hi LJ17!

Welcome to the Community! I am so sorry to hear that you experienced a dispute. It sounds as though the purchase was possibly filed as unauthorized or non-receipt. This means that potentially the buyer used a stolen financial or eBay account to make the purchase without the account owner's authorization or are claiming they did not receive the item. In these situations, as long as you shipped to the address provided in the transaction details and are able to provide the tracking information(the signature confirmation was a great choice as well), you are most likely eligible for Seller Protection. However, if the claim was filed as not as described, then we would require the buyer to ship the item back to you with valid tracking before a refund would be issued. If they do not cooperate, then the claim would be closed in your favor. 

For more information, please visit our Seller Protection page on our website. 

I hope this helps and thank you again for joining the Community! 

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Deiser
Contributor
Contributor

Until this past week when I made a payment with paypal, it went instantly from my bank account. However, the last few days, it's now only allowing payments as "e-checks", which prevents the other party from receiving my money for several days and it doesn't show up for me for several days either. There's no option for me to switch it back to immediate payment either. On top of this it's prevented me from using my paypal when buying from places like the Playstation Network. What happened, and why is it doing this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@Deiser wrote:

Until this past week when I made a payment with paypal, it went instantly from my bank account. However, the last few days, it's now only allowing payments as "e-checks", which prevents the other party from receiving my money for several days and it doesn't show up for me for several days either. There's no option for me to switch it back to immediate payment either. On top of this it's prevented me from using my paypal when buying from places like the Playstation Network. What happened, and why is it doing this?

Hi Deiser,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining us! I'm sorry that you have been experiencing this Smiley Sad

Since you are experiencing both Play Station denials and echecks, I have a strong feeling that the issue is most likely with the backup funding source. Both scenarios require a credit or debit card on file as instant transfers from a bank require a valid back up funding source and I know my own PlayStation and Xbox Gold accounts default to the card on my account. It is possible that our security system may be blocking the card, but in most cases it is because the card is being denied by the card issuer. In other words, if there have been multiple denials from the card issuer for the Playstation purchases, then our system may stop listing it as a possible backup funding source for bank transfers. If the card is outdated or the card has been replaced, updating it on the PayPal account usually will resolve both of your concerns. 

If you feel that this isn't what you are experiencing, you may need to give us a call so we can look deeper into the issue for you. You can do this by following the Help and Connect link at the bottom of the page. I hope this helps and thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.