PayPal USA Community Chat 8/30 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, August 30th, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

PayPal_Michelle

@laydeeluck wrote:

i just got off the phone with their phone tree. it said they were experiencing a system error and hung up on me after getting to the hold portion of the call.  finally i just did the right combination of 0#'s that it gave me the option for a call back...in 1.5 hours.  but when i called using google voice on my laptop i got right through...weird right. unfortunately my browser didn't have permissions neccesary to actually speak to the rep because i forgot to approve them before calling using hangouts.  hrumph

Oh no! If you ever have difficulty calling, you are more than welcome to ask the Community here, contact us on Facebook, or Twitter. I am so sorry and thank you for letting us know that there is an issue. 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@Bethcherkowsky wrote:

I'd like to know why suddenly last week you gaw-awful phone tree decided she doesn't know me, not my last 4 of my social or my phone number or anyhint.  I've had an account since you were X.Com.  That's a heck of a way to break up with me.

I'm really not amused and the hold times lately are ridiculous.  1 1/2 hrs to 2 1/2 hrs on hold or for a call back?  I won't do that.  I'll find another allowed provider before I wait that long again.  WTH is going on? 

Hi @Bethcherkowsky,

Thanks for stopping by our Chat! I'm sorry to hear that there have recently been some difficulties with reaching us over the phone. 😞  Our IVR typically will recognize our customers based on phone number. Was the number you called from or the number entered into the IVR system registered to your PayPal account? Or is it possible that the number is associated with more than one PayPal account?

We appreciate your business and we understand how wait times can be frustrating. It's certainly not something we want to cause break ups either. We will make sure that your feedback is heard and we sincerely apologize for the hassle with this. We're always looking for ways we can improve. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Bethcherkowsky
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for stopping by our Chat! I'm sorry to hear that there have recently been some difficulties with reaching us over the phone.   Our IVR typically will recognize our customers based on phone number. Was the number you called from or the number entered into the IVR system registered to your PayPal account? Or is it possible that the number is associated with more than one PayPal account?

We appreciate your business and we understand how wait times can be frustrating. It's certainly not something we want to cause break ups either. We will make sure that your feedback is heard and we sincerely apologize for the hassle with this. We're always looking for ways we can improve.

Not a new number.  The number is on BOTH my account and husband's but your IVR says it's not on any account.  NEITHER is my last 4 of my social security.  I've been calling frequently enough that "she" should not have forgotten me.  Your IVR is the 2nd worst one in the world... beaten in horribleness only by Comcast's phone tree.  Where first they remind me how much I owe them, when I'm calling about their service not working again.

Your IVR always wants to butt into the problem when all I want is a real human who can punch some keys and explain something I don't understand.  I am  not ever going to want to deal with a robot.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Not a new number.  The number is on BOTH my account and husband's but your IVR says it's not on any account.  NEITHER is my last 4 of my social security.  I've been calling frequently enough that "she" should not have forgotten me.  Your IVR is the 2nd worst one in the world... beaten in horribleness only by Comcast's phone tree.  Where first they remind me how much I owe them, when I'm calling about their service not working again.

Your IVR always wants to butt into the problem when all I want is a real human who can punch some keys and explain something I don't understand.  I am  not ever going to want to deal with a robot.

Thanks for your reply, @Bethcherkowsky. If the number is on both accounts, the IVR should be able to determine which account is which by either the last four of a SSN or by the last four of a financial instrument. I'm sorry this isn't happening. We can escalate this feedback internally. Hopefully this problem won't continue to be a problem for long. 

In the meantime, there are alternative ways to reach customer support.  Customer support can be reached via email by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter, or the PayPal Facebook page. 

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@laydeeluck wrote:

need to purchase shipping for an item i sold via ebay. the customer paid for shipping but the value has been withheld until i ship the item...that's ridiculous. the funds were confirmed to have been received and i am purchasing shipping through paypal. since paypal charged me for their fee i should be able to use the funds the customer provided to pay for their shipment.

Hi Laydeeluck!

It sounds as though you've had a negative experience and I am truly sorry. Both PayPal and eBay do hold payments to allow our merchants to establish selling history and to help build buyers' confidence to purchase from new or previously inactive sellers. For eBay specifically, I believe the information detailing the holds on your payments would be explained both when listing items and in your Seller Dashboard as well as the requirements needed to graduate from them. I also believe that they offer the option to print labels through them that would take the money out of the payment without costing you out of pocket. Because we're a different company, contacting them about the shipping option would be a great solution. 

I also found a link for you on eBay's website that might better explain this process:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Thank you! 

Michelle

Login to Me Too

laydeeluck
Contributor
Contributor

Michelle,

You would be incorrect in GUESSING that ebay allows me to purchase shipping using the funds from my paypal that are currently being withheld from me by YOU.  I already tried that and guess what?!  Paypal is the one processing the payment, paypal is drawing from my account balance and backup methods instead of the funds allocated for this very purpose. it is not EBAY that is preventing anything, my ebay seller rating is PERFECT; what ebay is waiting for is what paypal is waiting for which will not happen until i have $3.88 in my account.  I'm not saying release ALL the funds, I am saying RELEASE THE FUNDS REQUIRED FOR SHIPPING BECAUSE THE FUNDS ARE ALREADY RECEIVED...you already took YOUR portion, so I'm confused as to why that is if the funds are unavailable until I ship the item...pfff.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@laydeeluck wrote:

Michelle,

You would be incorrect in GUESSING that ebay allows me to purchase shipping using the funds from my paypal that are currently being withheld from me by YOU.  I already tried that and guess what?!  Paypal is the one processing the payment, paypal is drawing from my account balance and backup methods instead of the funds allocated for this very purpose. it is not EBAY that is preventing anything, my ebay seller rating is PERFECT; what ebay is waiting for is what paypal is waiting for which will not happen until i have $3.88 in my account.  I'm not saying release ALL the funds, I am saying RELEASE THE FUNDS REQUIRED FOR SHIPPING BECAUSE THE FUNDS ARE ALREADY RECEIVED...you already took YOUR portion, so I'm confused as to why that is if the funds are unavailable until I ship the item...pfff.

I am truly sorry, laydeeluck. I completely understand that the holds placed on payments can be an inconvenience as well as frustrating. Funds availability is a standard industry practice to allow a seller to build experience and positive reputation with their buyers. I understand that your eBay account is in great shape, which is awesome to hear, but it can still be subject to funds availability. In the link I gave you to eBay's website, here are a few things to check on your eBay account that might be the reason:

• You're a new seller or have limited selling history, which means you have not yet met all of the following criteria:
      • It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
      • You've made more than 25 domestic sales transactions
      • You've had more than $250 in total domestic sales

Note: Domestic is based on physical registration address. As a seller registered on the U.S. site, domestic transactions would be any transactions completed where a buyer's registration address is in the U.S.

The funds are intended to be released 3 days of delivery with valid tracking, and the maximum a payment would be held is 21 days if no information on the delivery is provided. I am sorry, but if eBay no longer offers the option to pay for shipping from the payment received, then you will need to contact them directly to discuss what options that are available to you. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your feedback. 

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

laydeeluck
Contributor
Contributor

Excuse me? ebay doesn't possess the funds YOU do and since you were able to pay yourself, i should be able to fund the postage.  this isn't your money, its the buyers money and you are going to be the cause of any negative affects on my seller rating when i am unable to complete the transaction due to your uncooperative behavior.  you are directing me to information that DOES NOT APPLY.  none of the criteria for why funds should be withheld are valid or applicable.  my last completed sale was actually June 7th 2017 and though a case arose out of the situation ebay and paypal did not find me at fault and no adverse action was said to have been taken.  clearly that isn't the case.  if further adverse action should come out of this situation, you're gonna have to explain your position to the ftc.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@laydeeluck wrote:

Excuse me? ebay doesn't possess the funds YOU do and since you were able to pay yourself, i should be able to fund the postage.  this isn't your money, its the buyers money and you are going to be the cause of any negative affects on my seller rating when i am unable to complete the transaction due to your uncooperative behavior.  you are directing me to information that DOES NOT APPLY.  none of the criteria for why funds should be withheld are valid or applicable.  my last completed sale was actually June 7th 2017 and though a case arose out of the situation ebay and paypal did not find me at fault and no adverse action was said to have been taken.  clearly that isn't the case.  if further adverse action should come out of this situation, you're gonna have to explain your position to the ftc.

Again, I sincerely apologize, but as we do not have access to your account information, you will need to either contact eBay or our customer support directly. Also, please review your seller dashboard as it will give you more information pertaining to your eBay account. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. 

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

laydeeluck
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.