PayPal USA Community Chat 8/30 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, August 30th, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

Lhoove04
Contributor
Contributor
When will the PLASTIC paypal credit cards be sent out?? I love Paypal..: ) and thank you for the line of credit, but i saw on Bloomberg TV today that PLASTIC is coming so we can use in person in stores. WHEN?? and. WHY doesn't paypal tell US before. loomberg?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Lhoove04 wrote:
When will the PLASTIC paypal credit cards be sent out?? I love Paypal..: ) and thank you for the line of credit, but i saw on Bloomberg TV today that PLASTIC is coming so we can use in person in stores. WHEN?? and. WHY doesn't paypal tell US before. loomberg?

Hi Lhoove04,

There haven't been any official announcements about the availability of a new credit card yet, so I'm afraid I don't have an answer for those questions. I definitely understand your anticipation, though. It sounds like it a great product!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Lhoove04 wrote:

Hi Lhoove04,

I wanted to follow up since we now have the official page up for applying for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard! You can read about it and apply here. How exciting!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

flwrbunni
New Community Member

does anyone know how many additional cards you can add onto your paypal account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@flwrbunni wrote:

does anyone know how many additional cards you can add onto your paypal account?

Hi flwrbunni!

Thank is a great question! If the account is verified, you can have up to 8 cards active at one time. If the account is not verified, you can have up to 4. Thank you so much for joining our chat!

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

Moppsuit
Contributor
Contributor

I've not had any problems using my savings account to send money or pay for things until yesterday. Now every time I try to do something I'm told I have to use a different method, the account has money and is verified. I contacted my bank and there's nothing wrong on their end. I've emailed & FB messaged y'all with no response. This is pretty annoying since I have things I'm trying to order and I can't. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Moppsuit wrote:

I've not had any problems using my savings account to send money or pay for things until yesterday. Now every time I try to do something I'm told I have to use a different method, the account has money and is verified. I contacted my bank and there's nothing wrong on their end. I've emailed & FB messaged y'all with no response. This is pretty annoying since I have things I'm trying to order and I can't. 

Hi Moppsuit,

This sounds like the security system is ruling out your bank for the payment, much like the backup funding card was ruled out in mimikyuiloveyou's situation. I'm sorry that it's caused you frustration. I know that not being able to use your preferred method of payment is frustrating. Trying the payment again at a later time causes the system to re-evaluate the factors, and the transaction may be able to be processed then.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

acupofkofi
Contributor
Contributor

I have a balance of $125.05 in my account but whenever I try to make a payment I get the following error message:

We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal.

Please help...

Login to Me Too

Bethcherkowsky
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure it's not trying to get you to use the Paypal Credit? I have that issue cause my husband uses that a lot and so it's automatically selected even when I intend to pay with my Paypal balance. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@acupofkofi wrote:

I have a balance of $125.05 in my account but whenever I try to make a payment I get the following error message:

We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal.

Please help...

Hi @acupofkofi

Welcome to the Chat! Payment troubles can be upsetting . 😞 It sounds like the payment might be getting stopped by our internal security model. Our internal security model reviews every transaction that passes through our system and looks at many different facets of a payment before allowing the payment to process through. We have this in place to help mitigate risk and prevent unauthorized payment activity. From time to time, we may catch a false postive and stop a good payment from going through. 

I understand that you're trying to pay from a PayPal balance. Do you have a back up payment method in your PayPal Wallet? Also, is your PayPal account Verified?

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.