PayPal USA Community Chat 8/23 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, August 23rd, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@YKuwahara  I'll let the PP team reply to being outside 190 days ... as an eBay Seller & Buyer myself let me say never wait that long ... if a Buyer does not deliver in the stated time process a claim within the first 30 days with eBay ... using PayPal's 180 days in my opinion should be last resort. 

Login to Me Too

YKuwahara
Contributor
Contributor
it is my last resort.

I opened a case at eBay and he said he was going to resend it and then refund and the case closed automatically.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@YKuwahara wrote:
it is my last resort.

I opened a case at eBay and he said he was going to resend it and then refund and the case closed automatically.

We would not have access to the details for the claim through eBay, but they may be able to look at the details to see if the claim was closed incorrectly and would be able to see if a refund was issued through the claim. Again, I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with this seller. 

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@YKuwahara wrote:

I have one issue with a seller from ebay.

He sold me a flashlight on January 18th.

The item never arrived, I contacted him and told me he was going to resend it.

Nothing arrived again and contacted him again and told me he was going to send it again for second time (not third time)

I told him to refund and he said it was ok.

He never refunded, now he says he already refunded but he didn´t, and it´s been more than the 190 days.

Can I still get my money back?

Oh no! We do provide buyer protection up to 180 days after purchase, so I am so sorry that in this case the time frame has passed. If you do need to call on the error in your previous message, they can take a look for you to see if the payment was indeed refunded or not though. If it was, the original transaction would have the status of refunded and the money would have been credited either to your PayPal balance or to card. In some cases, the seller may not have known how to issue a refund and send you a payment instead. In that situation, you would have record of the payment received in your activity log. 

If neither of these things happened, then we can contact the seller your behalf but we cannot force him to refund because it is past 180 days. Smiley Sad

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@YKuwahara wrote:

I have one issue with a seller from ebay.

He sold me a flashlight on January 18th.

The item never arrived, I contacted him and told me he was going to resend it.

Nothing arrived again and contacted him again and told me he was going to send it again for second time (not third time)

I told him to refund and he said it was ok.

He never refunded, now he says he already refunded but he didn´t, and it´s been more than the 190 days.

Can I still get my money back?

Also, it just dawned on me that the error you are experiencing might be caused if you are trying to open a dispute on this transaction because it is over 180 days. If you're attempting to dispute a different transaction, then we would need to take a closer look at it for you. Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good afternoon PayPal support team!

I hope I did not miss this Chat today.  Here's my question regarding multiple accounts from Buyer's outside the US (eBay):

I have a potential customer in Switzerland who has an address there but also has access to a US address ... I do not ship internationally but they are willing to use their US address but currently can not bid on the item (ie: because I do not sell internationally).  So is it possible for that Buyer to set up another ID and use the same PayPal only with their US address?  Would that work for them?  If so, would the log in to the US sites or can they do it from their sites in Switzerland?  Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@Linc1957 wrote:

I hope I did not miss this Chat today.  Here's my question regarding multiple accounts from Buyer's outside the US (eBay):

I have a potential customer in Switzerland who has an address there but also has access to a US address ... I do not ship internationally but they are willing to use their US address but currently can not bid on the item (ie: because I do not sell internationally).  So is it possible for that Buyer to set up another ID and use the same PayPal only with their US address?  Would that work for them?  If so, would the log in to the US sites or can they do it from their sites in Switzerland?  Any help is appreciated.

Hello @Linc1957

Thanks for stopping back in to visit! 

If you typically do not ship outside of the US but would like to make an exception for this particular buyer, you'd want to get in touch with eBay to see the best way to adjust your eBay settings. The buyer's PayPal account details shouldn't be affecting their ability to bid on the item. 

Another alternative you might want to look into is eBay's Global Shipping Program. The eBay Global Shipping Program makes international sales and shipping much easier. All you have to do when the item sells is make sure that the package gets to the Global Shipping Center and the Program handles everything else from there. Make sure to click the link for full details! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PayPal_Ashley

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

@Linc1957 wrote:

Hello @Linc1957

Thanks for stopping back in to visit! 

If you typically do not ship outside of the US but would like to make an exception for this particular buyer, you'd want to get in touch with eBay to see the best way to adjust your eBay settings. The buyer's PayPal account details shouldn't be affecting their ability to bid on the item. 

Another alternative you might want to look into is the eBay's Global Shipping Program. The eBay Global Shipping Program makes international sales and shipping much easier. All you have to do when the item sells is make sure that the package gets to the Global Shipping Center and the Program handles everything else from there. Make sure to click the link for full details! 🙂

-Ashley

Thanks for the Welccome back!  Just so you know, I am well versed on exactly how to set up Excluded areas for shipping around the world in eBay's Site Prefrences and have no desire to be part of eBay's GSP ... all that does is drive up the Buyer's shipping cost.  I have sold to more than one foreign Buyer that used a US base Forwarding company so their official address is registered in the US ... what they do is accumulate a number of shipments state side here to optimize their shipping back to their country.  eBay tracking goes ONLY to the Forwarding company so the Buyer takes the risk of the shipping back to their country. 

So again, just wanted to know if a foreign buyer can set up a different ID but use their main PayPal account but have the PayPal account have their US address?  If that is not possbile that's okay, I was just curious if more than one ship to address can be resident in a foreign PayPal account?

and just and FYI ... when a Seller has both a country blocked and an item set for NO International shipping it can be viewed but they are blocked from bidding on it or purchasing it outright.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thanks for the Welccome back!  Just so you know, I am well versed on exactly how to set up Excluded areas for shipping around the world in eBay's Site Prefrences and have no desire to be part of eBay's GSP ... all that does is drive up the Buyer's shipping cost.  I have sold to more than one foreign Buyer that used a US base Forwarding company so their official address is registered in the US ... what they do is accumulate a number of shipments state side here to optimize their shipping back to their country.  eBay tracking goes ONLY to the Forwarding company so the Buyer takes the risk of the shipping back to their country. 

So again, just wanted to know if a foreign buyer can set up a different ID but use their main PayPal account but have the PayPal account have their US address?  If that is not possbile that's okay, I was just curious if more than one ship to address can be resident in a foreign PayPal account?

and just and FYI ... when a Seller has both a country blocked and an item set for NO International shipping it can be viewed but they are blocked from bidding on it or purchasing it outright.

Thanks for following up, @Linc1957. I apologize If I misunderstood what you were looking for.

Multiple eBay IDs can be used under the same PayPal account, however foreign addresses would not be able to be added to the PayPal account.  😞

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

Thanks for following up, @Linc1957. I apologize If I misunderstood what you were looking for. Multiple eBay IDs can be used under the same PayPal account, however foreign addresses would not be able to be added to the PayPal account.  😞 

-Ashley

Ashley, my sincere thanks, that's sort of what I thought.  So basically they would have to open a SEPARATE PayPal account with a specific US ship to address even if the ship to address is different from their country of origin.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.