cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Closed

Moderator

PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, August 16th, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
9 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16

Hi everybody!

 

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 3pm to 4pm CT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you! 

 

It started as a rainy day here in PayPal Moderator Land. What are your favorite rainy day activities? 

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16


 

It started as a rainy day here in PayPal Moderator Land. What are your favorite rainy day activities? 

 

-Ashley

Painting, binge watching shows, or working on my Diablo character. In other words, I really like rainy days. Smiley Very Happy

 

Michelle

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Open

I verified my bank awhile ago with deposits and everything was fine - got the verified email and limit was lifted.  Also upgraded to business account and added my tax id, ein, all relevant info.  Everything was fine until 2 days ago it said I had exceeded my limit and needed to verifiy my account?  I click on verifiy and it says my bank is added but not confirmed, so it asks me to put in my account details and I do and it says "this bank is already added".

 

Very confused!  I didn't receive any notice from paypal in my email about any new verification, so it seems to be a glitch.  I have emailed but it has been over 2 days with no response.  Any help?

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Open


handrukaitis wrote:

I verified my bank awhile ago with deposits and everything was fine - got the verified email and limit was lifted.  Also upgraded to business account and added my tax id, ein, all relevant info.  Everything was fine until 2 days ago it said I had exceeded my limit and needed to verifiy my account?  I click on verifiy and it says my bank is added but not confirmed, so it asks me to put in my account details and I do and it says "this bank is already added".

 

Very confused!  I didn't receive any notice from paypal in my email about any new verification, so it seems to be a glitch.  I have emailed but it has been over 2 days with no response.  Any help?


Hi @handrukaitis!

 

Thanks for joining the Community Chat and welcome to the Forums! I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion on how to lift limits on your account. Smiley Sad From your description of the problem, I understand that you see your account is verified and your bank has been confirmed.

 

I'm wondering if you're seeing a problem with a monthly withdrawal limit? Is that where the problem is coming up? Or when you go to the withdrawal page, do you see a link that says "Remove this limit?"

 

 

More info on withdrawal limits and how to lift them here: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-can-i-lift-my-withdrawal-limit-faq558/1

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Open

Thanks but I already have lifted the limit and have withdrawn with no problems.  My account has been verified and I have all responses from paypal that my account is verified and account has no limit.  I haven't withdrawn any crazy amount of money either.  Basically it seems like some kind of glitch because when I go to 'verifiy' my bank it is saying it is already added and verified, but then when I withdraw my money it says 'this account needs to be verified' and sends me in the same loop.

 

I have contacted customer service with no reply, please help me.

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Open


handrukaitis wrote:

Thanks but I already have lifted the limit and have withdrawn with no problems.  My account has been verified and I have all responses from paypal that my account is verified and account has no limit.  I haven't withdrawn any crazy amount of money either.  Basically it seems like some kind of glitch because when I go to 'verifiy' my bank it is saying it is already added and verified, but then when I withdraw my money it says 'this account needs to be verified' and sends me in the same loop.

 

I have contacted customer service with no reply, please help me.


Thanks for getting back to me, @handrukaitis! That is strange. Smiley Sad When a PayPal account is created the account has a $1000 monthly withdrawal limit to begin with. I understand you're going through some loops, and I want to make sure that we've looked at all of our options and everything that needs to be completed is done. The monthly withdrawal limit is separate from verification and the account holder must complete two out of three steps to lift it: 

 

-Add and confirm a bank account

-Verify a credit or debit card (click here to see how)

-Add and confirm SSN (click here to see how)

 

If you review the links, can you see if you followed the provided steps already? If you have and you still run into this problem, then I would next consider reaching out to PayPal customer support for further assistance. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page. 

 

-Ashley 

 


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Open

I have a question regarding my overdrawn balance. This morning I was alerted that my balance was -9.99 and if I don't pay soon I will lose account functionality. I have a Paypal transfer coming from my work on Friday that will cover the negative balance, and as of two hours ago when I called customer service, it seemed there were no "limitations" on my account, so I assume I will receive the Friday morning payment as usual and that the payment will be applied to my account. 

 

Nevertheless, because there is no specific time frame about a grace period to get my negative balance corrected, I wanted confirmation that I will be able to receive a payment on Friday morning. If the Paypal transfer is not accepted, my work will charge me an additional $5, adding insult to injury! Also, I have never had a negative balance before. In the past, incoming charges were simply rejected if there weren't funds available in my Paypal. Today, for the first time, the payment was processed and I received a negative balance. If possible, how do I configure my account so that this will not happen again? I would like to continue knowing that the charge will be simply rejected if there is not sufficient funds here. 

 

 

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Open


J_redelfs wrote:

I have a question regarding my overdrawn balance. This morning I was alerted that my balance was -9.99 and if I don't pay soon I will lose account functionality. I have a Paypal transfer coming from my work on Friday that will cover the negative balance, and as of two hours ago when I called customer service, it seemed there were no "limitations" on my account, so I assume I will receive the Friday morning payment as usual and that the payment will be applied to my account. 

 

Nevertheless, because there is no specific time frame about a grace period to get my negative balance corrected, I wanted confirmation that I will be able to receive a payment on Friday morning. If the Paypal transfer is not accepted, my work will charge me an additional $5, adding insult to injury! Also, I have never had a negative balance before. In the past, incoming charges were simply rejected if there weren't funds available in my Paypal. Today, for the first time, the payment was processed and I received a negative balance. If possible, how do I configure my account so that this will not happen again? I would like to continue knowing that the charge will be simply rejected if there is not sufficient funds here. 

 

 


Hi J_redelfs,

 

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you have experienced this! The good news is that PayPal doesn't charge any fees for a negative balance and gives you up to 30 days to repay the amount owed. Most often negative balances are caused by either a dispute for an item sold or if a bank transfer fails. Neither will necessarily cause the account to be limited, and any payment received would not be rejected or denied. 

 

If you are a merchant, there is always the possibility of a dispute, but being proactive and cooperative with customers goes a long way to help narrow the chance. If this was caused by a bank transfer failing, then the best thing to do is to make sure all the funding sources on the account are up to date and to be aware of what payment method is selected at the time of purchases. Also, an important thing to help prevent this is to check that the correct payment method is listed for any subscriptions or billing agreements that are processed automatically. You can do this by following these steps:

 

  • Click Profile at the top of the page.

  •  

    Click Payments.

  •  

    Click Manage pre-approved payments. (you can also cancel anything you no longer want to be subscribed to here) 

  • Select Available Funding Sources

From there you can change payment methods to make sure these transactions are processed seamlessly. 

 

I hope this helps and welcome to the Community!

 

Cheers,

Michelle

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 8/16 - Closed

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

 

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

 

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, August 23rd at 3pm CT. We'd love to meet you!

 

See you then!

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!