PayPal USA Community Chat 7/26 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, July 26th, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. Smiley Happy See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 3pm to 4pm CT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you! 

On this day in history, the U.S. Postal System was established. 🙂 To celebrate, let’s talk about our favorite things to receive in the mail from our online shopping adventures. 😄

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

sharoncc
Contributor
Contributor

is there a way to test my oscommerce 2.3.4 against sandbox step by step in a gui format or a youtube clip?   or even an instruction to follow?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@sharoncc wrote:

is there a way to test my oscommerce 2.3.4 against sandbox step by step in a gui format or a youtube clip?   or even an instruction to follow?

Hi sharoncc!

This may be a question better answered by our Merchant Technical Support or our PayPal Developer Support due to it's complexity. I hope this helps and thank you for stopping in!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

On this day in history, the U.S. Postal System was established. 🙂 To celebrate, let’s talk about our favorite things to receive in the mail from our online shopping adventures. 😄

The "J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World  Loot Crate" is hands down my favorite thing to get in the mail... (stands patiently at the mailbox). They take PayPal too, which is an extra bonus. 

I know, I'm a geek. I am okay with this. Smiley LOL

Michelle

Login to Me Too

majmes4781
Contributor
Contributor

Why does Paypal only give you the option to dispute something once? Is it crazy to think that a company wont lie or there wont be an issue the arises later? My issue was that I originally thought my account was hacked when i saw order after order after order from a company i had never heard of. I had someone stole my info and was placing orders. After filing the dispute I talked to my boyfriend and found out that he had made these purchase off an auction site. I instantly emailed Paypal to let them know that they can cancel the claim. Well, Paypal never has real people respond to the emails, all i ever receive is an automated generic response that was of absolutely no help.

The dispute stayed open and as days went by and i started receiving items from the auction site and was continually disappointed with the lies these sellers tell in order to get you to buy it. 2 out of the 12 products I purchased were actually as described and usable. 7 of them were the same brand of beauty products that were promoted as high-end w/ only the purest ingredients that have no harmful chemicals. This is one of the beauty products and one of the ingredients is known to cause cancer and the real gold flakes they claim are in it are actually gold foil. When i selected to receive a refund each item said a label was on its way to my email to use to ship it back with. Well, i only received one of them and the rest they told me id have to pay for and that i must pay for a tracking number. They wouldn’t give me one label to ship all the beauty products in even though it was going to the same location. It would cost more to send it back than to keep it. I found that so wrong bc now I'm basically forced to keep it, bc it would cost more to send it back. The dispute I put through PayPal was denied bc the company im sure told them that they were bogus charges. Which was true, but I have been trying to return the items bc they aren’t what they claimed they were. There wouldn’t be an issue if the company gave me return labels like I was promised, but I guess its okay to lie to customers and steal from them. I refuse to pay for 7 return labels with tracking when they are going to the same company, that makes no sense.  

Another item I purchased was a glass canister that was delivered broken and they are refusing to refund me for it because I had placed a dispute with Paypal. The case is closed and they have their money, PayPal had originally refunded me, but I had to pay it back once they denied the case and closed it. This company can refund me but they refuse to, they keep coming up with excuses.  The other one they refuse to refund is a handheld game console for kids that showed Super Mario as the main selling point, but when I get it, the whole thing is in Chinese only. Nowhere in the description did they market this as a Chinese game console. There was no Super Mario on it and it's so cheap that you can tell it will break in a matter of days.

So, please tell me why I am stuck with 10 items that weren’t as described and one arrived broken. What happened to buyer protection? Things happen after the fact, how can you close it off completely, and not listen to what has happened with the items you received? Why don’t even offer the option to hear from the customer again? Why don't you guys have real people answer your emails to help people like me? Why don’t you have a live chat person available throughout the day for people in need of help? Why am I out $80 worth of crappy products that weren’t what I was promised?! I am ready to cancel my long standing account with Paypal if my issue doesn’t get handled, if I'm told this case is closed for good then I'm done with Paypal for good. I will be taking my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@majmes4781 wrote:

Why does Paypal only give you the option to dispute something once? Is it crazy to think that a company wont lie or there wont be an issue the arises later? My issue was that I originally thought my account was hacked when i saw order after order after order from a company i had never heard of. I had someone stole my info and was placing orders. After filing the dispute I talked to my boyfriend and found out that he had made these purchase off an auction site. I instantly emailed Paypal to let them know that they can cancel the claim. Well, Paypal never has real people respond to the emails, all i ever receive is an automated generic response that was of absolutely no help.

The dispute stayed open and as days went by and i started receiving items from the auction site and was continually disappointed with the lies these sellers tell in order to get you to buy it. 2 out of the 12 products I purchased were actually as described and usable. 7 of them were the same brand of beauty products that were promoted as high-end w/ only the purest ingredients that have no harmful chemicals. This is one of the beauty products and one of the ingredients is known to cause cancer and the real gold flakes they claim are in it are actually gold foil. When i selected to receive a refund each item said a label was on its way to my email to use to ship it back with. Well, i only received one of them and the rest they told me id have to pay for and that i must pay for a tracking number. They wouldn’t give me one label to ship all the beauty products in even though it was going to the same location. It would cost more to send it back than to keep it. I found that so wrong bc now I'm basically forced to keep it, bc it would cost more to send it back. The dispute I put through PayPal was denied bc the company im sure told them that they were bogus charges. Which was true, but I have been trying to return the items bc they aren’t what they claimed they were. There wouldn’t be an issue if the company gave me return labels like I was promised, but I guess its okay to lie to customers and steal from them. I refuse to pay for 7 return labels with tracking when they are going to the same company, that makes no sense.  

Another item I purchased was a glass canister that was delivered broken and they are refusing to refund me for it because I had placed a dispute with Paypal. The case is closed and they have their money, PayPal had originally refunded me, but I had to pay it back once they denied the case and closed it. This company can refund me but they refuse to, they keep coming up with excuses.  The other one they refuse to refund is a handheld game console for kids that showed Super Mario as the main selling point, but when I get it, the whole thing is in Chinese only. Nowhere in the description did they market this as a Chinese game console. There was no Super Mario on it and it's so cheap that you can tell it will break in a matter of days.

So, please tell me why I am stuck with 10 items that weren’t as described and one arrived broken. What happened to buyer protection? Things happen after the fact, how can you close it off completely, and not listen to what has happened with the items you received? Why don’t even offer the option to hear from the customer again? Why don't you guys have real people answer your emails to help people like me? Why don’t you have a live chat person available throughout the day for people in need of help? Why am I out $80 worth of crappy products that weren’t what I was promised?! I am ready to cancel my long standing account with Paypal if my issue doesn’t get handled, if I'm told this case is closed for good then I'm done with Paypal for good. I will be taking my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

Hello majames4781

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of this situation, and I would be upset as well. The main reason we only allow one dispute is to help prevent buyers who might otherwise try to abuse the process, but we may need to look a little deeper into this for you. The community forums is an anonymous chat between members, and we do not have account access. So, I would strongly encourage you to contact us directly either by following the "Help and Contact" link at the bottom of the page to call us, or you are more than welcome to contact us on Facebook or Twitter so we can take a closer look for you. 

I am so sorry for your experience and hope you will give us an opportunity to help. 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Andreammf2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

So 3 days ago I made 2 transfers from my paypal balance to my bank account, both of the in the same hour (10 PM). They appear as complete in my paypal account but only one of them appears in my bank account and the other transfer do not appear in my ban account. Why is this happening? How long is it going to take to receive the money from the other transfer?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley
@Andreammf2 wrote:

Hello!

So 3 days ago I made 2 transfers from my paypal balance to my bank account, both of the in the same hour (10 PM). They appear as complete in my paypal account but only one of them appears in my bank account and the other transfer do not appear in my ban account. Why is this happening? How long is it going to take to receive the money from the other transfer?

Hi @Andreammf2

Welcome to the Chat and welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question. 

I'm sorry to hear that one transfer has posted and the second as not. 😞 When PayPal processes funds to and from banks, we do so at different times of the day in batches. It's possible that while the two transactions were relatively close in time, they may have gone out in separate batches, causing them to post to the bank account at different times or potentially different days. 

A completed status indicates that the money has left the PayPal system. In total, the bank transfer process can take up to 3-4 business days. If the transfers both went out Sunday night, then I would expect the second one to post to your bank account likely tomorrow. 🙂

Sorry for the confusion and I hope this helps!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

soytheariel
Hi, 

I had made 2 transactions with paypal UK recipient, and had to pay £239.17 and £119.69 including the fee £9.17 and £4.69.

The amount that the recipient received was £230 and £115.

And because of some reason, the recipient made full refunds to me, but the refunded amount is £220.83 and £110.31.

The fees have been charged twice times.
I think the fees must be refunded with the original amount.

So, both £239.17 and £119.69 have to be refunded to me.
I know the additional fixed fee US $0.30(in case of UK £0.2)will be charged in the refund process.
But all of the transaction fees have to be refunded.

Please check the transactions and make a full refunds including the fees.
Please let me know what paypal will do for me.

Thank you!
Regards,
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.