PayPal USA Community Chat 7/26 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, July 26th, from 3pm to 4pm CT (1pm-2pm PT).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. Smiley Happy See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_Ashley

@soytheariel wrote:
Hi, 

I had made 2 transactions with paypal UK recipient, and had to pay £239.17 and £119.69 including the fee £9.17 and £4.69.

The amount that the recipient received was £230 and £115.

And because of some reason, the recipient made full refunds to me, but the refunded amount is £220.83 and £110.31.

The fees have been charged twice times.
I think the fees must be refunded with the original amount.

So, both £239.17 and £119.69 have to be refunded to me.
I know the additional fixed fee US $0.30(in case of UK £0.2)will be charged in the refund process.
But all of the transaction fees have to be refunded.

Please check the transactions and make a full refunds including the fees.
Please let me know what paypal will do for me.

Thank you!
Regards,

Hi @soytheariel!

Thanks for stopping by our Chat! We're happy to have you as part of our Community!

Great question about refunds and fees. You're correct in that when a refund is issued, the fixed $.30 USD fee is not returned, but the rest of the fees should be if the refund is completed. If you log into PayPal and you see that your refunds are completed and the remainder of the fees are not returned to you, I would recommend reaching out to PayPal customer support so that a teammate will be able to review the transactions for you. 

@customer support can be reached by clicking "Help& Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page. 

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

phsphs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a recurring monrthly payment directly between two personal bank accounts (different banks). Not having much luck finding an answer online. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@phsphs wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a recurring monrthly payment directly between two personal bank accounts (different banks). Not having much luck finding an answer online. Thanks!

Hi phsphs!

Thanks for stopping in! Just so I'm sure what your question is, are you wanting to use PayPal to move money from one bank account to another? PayPal isn't really intended for this use, and it could cause problems down the road. However, if you are using PayPal to receive payments and would like PayPal to automatically withdraw the money to a bank, then we do offer a feature called autosweep. The requirements for this is to have a business account with a confirmed bank, and you will need to call in to request it. If I am mistaken, please let me know!

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

criego6
Contributor
Contributor
Didn't see my post ... Pay after delivery doesn't seem to be working for any of the sites that I used to use it on. Etsy, eBay, and other businesses I used to pay...
Login to Me Too

mussaw96
Contributor
Contributor
If the eBay buyer leaves positive feedback and the item was already delivered can the funds be released immediately or sooner than the said date?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@mussaw96 wrote:
If the eBay buyer leaves positive feedback and the item was already delivered can the funds be released immediately or sooner than the said date?

Hi @mussaw96

Thanks for joining us and welcome to the PayPal Community! 🙂

I'm happy to answer your questions about Funds Availability. At this time, eBay Feedback does not qualify as criteria for payment releases. If the item was delivered to the buyer, then the funds will become available to you 3 days after the delivery date.  

Hopefully it won't be too much longer! You can find full details on Funds Availability and payment releases here.

We appreciate your feedback!!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@criego6 wrote:
Didn't see my post ... Pay after delivery doesn't seem to be working for any of the sites that I used to use it on. Etsy, eBay, and other businesses I used to pay...

Hi criego6!

I'm so sorry to that you are running into that! There are a couple of things that might cause Pay After Delivery to not be a payment option, but we would need to take a closer look to see what may be happening. The Community Forums is anonymous, so we are not able to look at accounts but you are more than welcome to give us a call by following the "Help and Contact" link at the bottom of the page to call us, or contact us on Facebook or Twitter so we can help. 

Thank you! 

Michelle

Login to Me Too

criego6
Contributor
Contributor
It is an option on my paypal account so I was just wondering if this was paypal problem...because I've been using it for years on these sites in the same manner and find it odd that none of them work...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@criego6 wrote:
It is an option on my paypal account so I was just wondering if this was paypal problem...because I've been using it for years on these sites in the same manner and find it odd that none of them work...

It really can be caused by multiple things, but I honestly wouldn't be able to give you a specific reason. Things like recent bank transfer issues or multiple pending Pay After Delivery purchases are most often the culprit, but these are just two of potential possibilities. Contacting our customer support really would be the best option to troubleshoot why it isn't coming up as an option. Smiley Sad

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

criego6
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, I have none of those things happening.

So just to confirm...paypal didn't end any agreement with ebay for pad?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.