PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, December 6th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

profet
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know if there are plans to fix the current packing slip. 

It is currently possible to print shipping labels using differerent size sheets 4"x6" for example.

It is currently NOT possible to do this with packing slips. Packing slips are ONLY printable full size paper. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@profet wrote:

I would like to know if there are plans to fix the current packing slip. 

It is currently possible to print shipping labels using differerent size sheets 4"x6" for example.

It is currently NOT possible to do this with packing slips. Packing slips are ONLY printable full size paper. 

Hey @profet,

I'm sorry to hear there aren't options to change the size of printed packing slips. Right now, this isn't an option available through PayPal, but I'm happy to forward your feedback along for review. I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause, but I would suggest trying to see if your printer can help with this in the meantime. When printing, try going to "Advanced Settings" to see if your printer will allow you to alter the size of the sheet being printed. Hopefully this is an interim alternative!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

profet
Contributor
Contributor

This is not an option as the page is resized via CSS. 

It would be nice if packing slips were available as PDFs.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@profet wrote:

This is not an option as the page is resized via CSS. 

It would be nice if packing slips were available as PDFs.

Hi @profet,

I'm sorry to hear that won't work. 😞 Thanks for providing that feedback. I'll ensure we escalate this through internally for review. If you run into any other issues, please report these to us by going to "Feedback" at the bottom of any PayPal page. We'll be happy to look into these and see what options we have for the future.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Danutza26
Contributor
Contributor

What the hell is with the phones... 5 hours after being told PP would call me back in 30-45mins, and I still cant get a live CSR on the phone

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Danutza26 wrote:

What the hell is with the phones... 5 hours after being told PP would call me back in 30-45mins, and I still cant get a live CSR on the phone

Hi @Danutza26,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in response. I did hear that callbacks are currently experiencing a delay. If you would like, you can also reach out to customer support by Facebook or Twitter. If the issue is one that can be shared here without disclosing private information, and can be resolved with general information, we'll be happy to help in this chat.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

nluong

Hi Mods,

Recently I have tried purchasing virtual reality game items via paypal on opskins.com. I have over $10,000 transactions throughout the year using the same method (BILL PAID IN FULL AT LOCAL BANKS EVERY MONTH). Everything was working awesome until today, which gave me an error of "your payment was declined by paypal". I have contacted support on opskins.com and they said that paypal was the one declining the payment... I have also contacted my bank, which also said the same thing. I am using a confirmed/verified credit card to purchase these items (no where close to hitting the limit - plenty of funds). I have had this account for over 6 years with zero charge backs. When i try to call paypal, they said the wait time is 1 hour and 30 minutes and told me that if i press #1, they will call me back. After waiting all day, I didn't receive any calls. I also tried emailing and facebook message, where I didn't get any replies. Any help is appreciated!!

Regards,

Nathan 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@nluong wrote:

Hi Mods,

Recently I have tried purchasing virtual reality game items via paypal on opskins.com. I have over $10,000 transactions throughout the year using the same method (BILL PAID IN FULL AT LOCAL BANKS EVERY MONTH). Everything was working awesome until today, which gave me an error of "your payment was declined by paypal". I have contacted support on opskins.com and they said that paypal was the one declining the payment... I have also contacted my bank, which also said the same thing. I am using a confirmed/verified credit card to purchase these items (no where close to hitting the limit - plenty of funds). I have had this account for over 6 years with zero charge backs. When i try to call paypal, they said the wait time is 1 hour and 30 minutes and told me that if i press #1, they will call me back. After waiting all day, I didn't receive any calls. I also tried emailing and facebook message, where I didn't get any replies. Any help is appreciated!!

Regards,

Nathan 

Hi @nluong,

I'm sorry to hear that a payment was declined, and that you have waited so long for a reply. I'll be happy to help shed some light on why a payment might be declined.

You've already checked a few things from this article, which is great. If all of the things listed there have been ruled out, it sounds like the payment was declined by the security system for risk reasons. From time to time, the system will determine that there is excessive risk involved with a payment, and will decline to allow it. In these situations, waiting until another time to try the payment again, or trying the payment with another payment source, would be necessary. It is important not to try the payment too many times, however, as a large number of attempts would be considered suspicious and the system could tighten its security further. If the system continues to decline the payment, it may not be possible to process it through PayPal.

I truly regret that you're experiencing this inconvenience. PayPal does take security very seriously, and at times even legitimate transactions get prevented.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

nluong

PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you for your reply. It is truly helpful being able to reach out to PayPal representative. As of now, the checklist has been completed. I am able to use my paypal account for other sites such steam or uber (tested today). Should I continue to wait until I hear back from customer support? I really want to fix this issue, because it'll save me the time from using the other payment method on opskins (BITCOIN).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@nluong wrote:

@PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you for your reply. It is truly helpful being able to reach out to PayPal representative. As of now, the checklist has been completed. I am able to use my paypal account for other sites such steam or uber (tested today). Should I continue to wait until I hear back from customer support? I really want to fix this issue, because it'll save me the time from using the other payment method on opskins (BITCOIN).

Hi @nluong,

If the particular payment that you've attempted is still not working, you can wait for support to see if there are any options that they can provide after reviewing the specifics of your account and the transaction attempt. If there are no options that can be provided by support, you would have to review any options that are available outside of PayPal for this payment.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.