PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, December 6th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

craiova1979
Contributor
Contributor

THEY DO NOT ANSWER ME, after 5 days and still no answer

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@craiova1979 wrote:

THEY DO NOT ANSWER ME, after 5 days and still no answer

Hi @craiova1979,

I'm sorry to hear that. 😞 What methods have you tried for contact? 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

craiova1979
Contributor
Contributor

first as paypal say I try to send them a message at aup.... the department in charge of this - no answer from 5 days

after I call them in Ireland , but of course, they cannot help me and say to send a message to aup.... the department in charge of this

So, bottom line my account is blocked , i don't know why ... even I did something wrong  I still need to know what was wrong correct?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@craiova1979 wrote:

first as paypal say I try to send them a message at aup.... the department in charge of this - no answer from 5 days

after I call them in Ireland , but of course, they cannot help me and say to send a message to aup.... the department in charge of this

So, bottom line my account is blocked , i don't know why ... even I did something wrong  I still need to know what was wrong correct?

Hi @craiova1979,

I can see how that would be frustrating. The group that reviews AUP-related issues may take a little longer to reply. I regret the inconvenience. The information provided in the initial email regarding the limitation may be the only information that can be disclosed regarding the reason for limitation, but if there is any further information that can be provided, that group would be the one to deliver it.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

craiova1979
Contributor
Contributor

Well, can you help me ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@craiova1979 wrote:

Well, can you help me ?

Hi @craiova1979,

I regret that we're not able to assist with account-specific issues in the Community. Please continue to communicate with the AUP group, if that's the instruction that has been provided by customer support.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

I understand once a complaint is opened the seller will not get the transaction fee back. What if the buyer opens the complaint before working things out with the seller? I understand this is a violation of paypal policy. Does paypal waive the fee in this case?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@romod wrote:

I understand once a complaint is opened the seller will not get the transaction fee back. What if the buyer opens the complaint before working things out with the seller? I understand this is a violation of paypal policy. Does paypal waive the fee in this case?

Hi @romod

Welcome back to Chat! It sounds like you've got some questions about disputes and refunds that I'll be happy to answer. I'm sorry if there was something we missed last week. 😞

In the event of a refund initiated by a seller or if a refund is issued through the PayPal disputes process, transaction fees are refunded to the seller aside from the $0.30 USD fixed fee. In either case, there's not a way for the seller to be refunded the entire fee amount. 

We always encourage buyers to work with their sellers before opening a dispute or claim. The buyer also has the option to file a dispute if they cannot come to a mutual agreement with the seller to resolve the problem. Unfortunately in some cases, buyers may go straight to dispute without reaching out to the seller, however that is not a violation of PayPal's User Agreement. 😞

We know these situations can be frustrating and I'll make sure to pass along your feedback on the disputes and claims process. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

So what your saying is they will give the 2.9 fee back and hold the fixed amount of .30 cents if there is a refund issued for a dispute? I am alright with that problem is paypal is still holding the entire fee which has my account negative balance of over 93 dollars.  Why are they still holding the entire amount? Me and the buyer had worked out an agreement the same day the item arrived but he jumped the gun and opened a claim before I could do anything

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@romod wrote:

So what your saying is they will give the 2.9 fee back and hold the fixed amount of .30 cents if there is a refund issued for a dispute? I am alright with that problem is paypal is still holding the entire fee which has my account negative balance of over 93 dollars.  Why are they still holding the entire amount? Me and the buyer had worked out an agreement the same day the item arrived but he jumped the gun and opened a claim before I could do anything

Thank you for following up, @romod

@yes, the 2.9% portion is returned to the seller and the $.30 is kept by PayPal. For security purposes, we can only provide general assistance through the PayPal Community Help Forums. If you believe there has been a problem or error with a refund or a dispute, I would recommend reaching out to PayPal customer support for further investigation. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.