cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Closed

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open


gorace7878 wrote:

well that account is not open any more so no more money woul d be coming in and i have no other accounts i am currently selling on. 

 

since the account is not open does that make a difference ? am i correct in thnking that since no more money is coming in nothing can be added to that total?


@gorace7878,

 

Correct in that the account in question would not be able to receive any more volume. If you were to create a new account right now and start selling, the new account and the old account totals would be combined in order to determine if you meet the criteria. If you don't create a new account now, and didn't use the TIN earlier in the year on a different account that received Goods & Services volume, you shouldn't receive a 1099-K.

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open

does paypal ever send out the 1099 by mistake when you havent had over 20k in G/S Gross sales? 

 

i know it can happen but what is the likely hood of that happening.

 

i was told since the account was under 20k the computer system wouldnt read that as an account that would get a 1099 there fore a mistake wouldnt happen 

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open


gorace7878 wrote:

does paypal ever send out the 1099 by mistake when you havent had over 20k in G/S Gross sales? 

 

i know it can happen but what is the likely hood of that happening.

 

i was told since the account was under 20k the computer system wouldnt read that as an account that would get a 1099 there fore a mistake wouldnt happen 


@gorace7878,

 

I apologize, but we wouldn't be able to predict the chance or likelihood of a mistake that hasn't happened. Hopefully, you don't have any issues. If you do receive one in error, contact us right away so that we can get it reported and ensure it's rectified. Thanks!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open

so it is possibleto rectify a mistake if it does indeed happen?

 

if one is generatedits automatically sent to the IRS through

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open


gorace7878 wrote:

so it is possibleto rectify a mistake if it does indeed happen?

 

if one is generatedits automatically sent to the IRS through


@gorace7878,

 

As I said, please contact us if you receive on in error. PayPal would rectify any mistake that might be made related to this issue. 

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open

so in summary as long as the TIN is NOT associated with another accoutn which it is not, and no more money comes in, what the agents have been telling me that its under 20k, there would not be a 1099 generated for the account? 

 

even if one was generated it would not be going to the correct address becuase i have since moved. 

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open


gorace7878 wrote:

so in summary as long as the TIN is NOT associated with another accoutn which it is not, and no more money comes in, what the agents have been telling me that its under 20k, there would not be a 1099 generated for the account? 

 

even if one was generated it would not be going to the correct address becuase i have since moved. 


@gorace7878,

 

If one were generated, we would reach out to verify your details before sending it. If you have multiple EIN numbers and an SSN and multiple PayPal accounts and these numbers are on different accounts, we would identify that these numbers all belong to you and therefore combine the totals. Any tax identification under your name or details will be reported by PayPal to the IRS and will be combined to see if you qualify for a 1099-K. If this is not the case, you only have one TIN associated with one PayPal account and no other PayPal accounts, then you should not receive a 1099-K. Any documentation received in error would need to be reported to PayPal to be rectified. 

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open

a TIN was added but from my understanding wouldnt be verfied until you pass the 20k in G/ S gross sales correct?

 

like i stated before the accoutn is no longer open and cannot accept payments 

Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open

hi
I am writing regarding this transaction 2H611750F0746802F.
MY REQUEST
I want to make appeal to your decision, based on the following:
- I never try to sell anything fake, counterfeit or similar
- I am a person who every time pays his bills at time
- Please also consider my history from the start on Paypal and to this moment.
I want to ask you to reconsider your decision and remove the suspension to my account. After you read all these, you still consider that what I've done is wrong, please , at least , let me pay for eBay invoice (almost 1260 $). 
 
THE FACTS:
I. Deleted auctions
I had 2-3 months ago 2 auctions deleted for violation infrigment
- 1 auction was related to some jerseys that in the end eBay decided that were in violation, and I NEVER relisted them (I mention the fact that this was part of a job from freelancer site)
- 1 auction was removed only for a picture copyright for Adobe. After that as Ebay instructed me, I ve made my own picture and they let me relist it.
I mention the fact that these 2 auctions were listed as part of some jobs on a freelancer site.
 
II. Present auctions
At this moment the auctions are coming from 4 categories:
- Birkenstock, Lowa and Meindl Shoes - all are genuine and I can prove with pictures and copy from papers from Birkenstock.
- Auto parts : from tested cars  - motor engine, and other auto parts
- Adobe software download: is the one stated above but with changed pictures. Is regarding a license to Adobe with a license key and link to where can be downloaded.
- Graded cards: these are my personal items , I grade them at Beckett and after I sell them thru eBay.
 
All present auctions on ebay , except the graded cards, are coming from jobs to freelancers sites and also for all these I can prove by messages how I came up selling them.
 
In the end, I say again  please reconsider your decision and remove the suspension to my account.
Please understand the fact that all I done was never to not obey your rules.
I always try to respect the law.
thank you,
 
Yours,
 
Rosoaga <removed>
Romania
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 12/6 - Open


craiova1979 wrote:
hi
I am writing regarding this transaction 2H611750F0746802F.
MY REQUEST
I want to make appeal to your decision, based on the following:
- I never try to sell anything fake, counterfeit or similar
- I am a person who every time pays his bills at time
- Please also consider my history from the start on Paypal and to this moment.
I want to ask you to reconsider your decision and remove the suspension to my account. After you read all these, you still consider that what I've done is wrong, please , at least , let me pay for eBay invoice (almost 1260 $). 
 
THE FACTS:
I. Deleted auctions
I had 2-3 months ago 2 auctions deleted for violation infrigment
- 1 auction was related to some jerseys that in the end eBay decided that were in violation, and I NEVER relisted them (I mention the fact that this was part of a job from freelancer site)
- 1 auction was removed only for a picture copyright for Adobe. After that as Ebay instructed me, I ve made my own picture and they let me relist it.
I mention the fact that these 2 auctions were listed as part of some jobs on a freelancer site.
 
II. Present auctions
At this moment the auctions are coming from 4 categories:
- Birkenstock, Lowa and Meindl Shoes - all are genuine and I can prove with pictures and copy from papers from Birkenstock.
- Auto parts : from tested cars  - motor engine, and other auto parts
- Adobe software download: is the one stated above but with changed pictures. Is regarding a license to Adobe with a license key and link to where can be downloaded.
- Graded cards: these are my personal items , I grade them at Beckett and after I sell them thru eBay.
 
All present auctions on ebay , except the graded cards, are coming from jobs to freelancers sites and also for all these I can prove by messages how I came up selling them.
 
In the end, I say again  please reconsider your decision and remove the suspension to my account.
Please understand the fact that all I done was never to not obey your rules.
I always try to respect the law.
thank you,
 
Yours,
 
Rosoaga <removed>
Romania

Hi @craiova1979,

 

I'm so sorry to hear of the limitation on your account. I regret that we are unable to provide account-specific assistance via the community. Please contact customer support directly. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.