PayPal USA Community Chat 12/27 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, December 27th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

erjdavis

Hi I was wondering about the 200 transaction threshold for 1099-K.

On the PayPal IRS website it says "(A seller has to exceed both IRS thresholds ($20,000 in gross payment volume and 200 separate payments)".

Does the 200 threshold only pertain to payments recieved? Or is it total transcartions in your account? So receieved, paid, sent, etc.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@erjdavis wrote:

Hi I was wondering about the 200 transaction threshold for 1099-K.

On the PayPal IRS website it says "(A seller has to exceed both IRS thresholds ($20,000 in gross payment volume and 200 separate payments)".

Does the 200 threshold only pertain to payments recieved? Or is it total transcartions in your account? So receieved, paid, sent, etc.

Thank you!

Hi @erjdavis,

That's a great question, and I'm happy to clarify for you! Both thresholds refer to received goods/services payments. Payments made from the account to others would not count toward the 200 separate payments, or the $20,000 combined volume. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

erjdavis

Thank you.

Is there any easy way inside my PayPal dashboard to see how many payments I received this calendar year? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@erjdavis wrote:

Thank you.

Is there any easy way inside my PayPal dashboard to see how many payments I received this calendar year? 

Hi @erjdavis,

Another great question! Probably the best way to count transactions would be to download the history as a comma delimited file, and view it in a spreadsheet program like Excel. You can then remove any transactions that aren't applicable and see how many transactions are left. To get to the history download, log in and click Activity at the top of the page, then Statements in the upper right corner of the activity page, then Activity export. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

erjdavis

Thank you.

When going there I noticed a tab that says "Sales". It then says:

Data to help you understand and grow your business

Would these numbers be accurate as well?

Thank you again for all the help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@erjdavis wrote:

Thank you.

When going there I noticed a tab that says "Sales". It then says:

Data to help you understand and grow your business

Would these numbers be accurate as well?

Thank you again for all the help!

Hi @erjdavis,

That's actually a feature that I'm not terribly familiar with, as it is new and may not be available to everyone yet. It appears that there is a feature there that has the number of transactions. It looks like it does indeed count the number of received transactions, over the course of a specific period of time. If you doubt the output, I would suggest comparing that number against the number from the activity download the first time to get a baseline expectation. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

mdcramer
New Community Member

Using PayPal Here, can I pre-authorize a credit card? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@mdcramer wrote:

Using PayPal Here, can I pre-authorize a credit card? Thanks!

Hey @mdcramer,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community chat, and great question! Regrettably, pre-authorization is not a feature offered using our PayPal Here device. I apologize for any inconvenience. 😞

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.