PayPal USA Community Chat 12/27 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, December 27th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Yolei
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys!

Yesterday I ordered a bunch of TCG single cards from a card store in the US.
The transaction was held for review and after a day rejected because "we found a risk associated with your payment".
This was weird so I placed the exact order again today, and it was flagged yet again!
I called paypal support, and the guy there talled me that he can't do anything since this is all automatic...
Could you please tell me why can't I be allowed to use my own money to buy some cards? 😞
Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Yolei wrote:

Hi guys!

Yesterday I ordered a bunch of TCG single cards from a card store in the US.
The transaction was held for review and after a day rejected because "we found a risk associated with your payment".
This was weird so I placed the exact order, and it was flagged again!
I called paypal support, and the guy there talled me that he can't do anything since this is all automatic...
Could you please tell me why can't I be allowed to use my own money to buy some cards? 😞
Thanks

Hey @Yolei,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble completing your payment, that definitely sounds frustrating. 😞 When a payment is reversed, it typically means the transaction didn't meet our compliance regulations in order to be completed. This means it either posed too much risk to PayPal, or there was an issue on either the buyer or seller's side that caused concern and for the payment to be cancelled. I would advise making the purchase from a different merchant, or for a different set of cards. I understand this may be an inconvenience, and I apologize for the hassle. Hopefully your payments complete without issue from now on!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

gamedefender
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm encountering numerous problems with sandbox dashboard  (many errors like "Something Went Wrong. Please try again") and now I can't even change the business name using the regular sandbox account (Page has too many redirects and won't load). Tried with every browser and two OSs. Are there plans to improve the quality of the developer sites so they are usable to build applications for PayPal?

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@gamedefender wrote:

Hi,

I'm encountering numerous problems with sandbox dashboard  (many errors like "Something Went Wrong. Please try again") and now I can't even change the business name using the regular sandbox account (Page has too many redirects and won't load). Tried with every browser and two OSs. Are there plans to improve the quality of the developer sites so they are usable to build applications for PayPal?

thanks

Hi @gamedefender!

Thanks for joining the Community Chat! I'm really sorry to hear that there have been some recent problems with working in Sandbox. 😞

For a closer look into the problems you're experiencing, I'd recommend filing a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support team or posting further details about the issues and errors in our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Yolei
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't undersand, this is one of the largest online stores for trading cards, and I have made another successful order from them just a couple of days ago 😕 Can't a real person check this out, and not some algorithm? 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @Yolei,

If you've made purchases from the store before, then it may be an issue with one of the individual cards in particular. Regrettably, there's no way for this hold to be stopped, as our system automatically flags these for review, and due to this, some transactions are reversed. Another alternative, although time-consuming, would be to purchase your cards individually and the card or cards causing the issue would be the only transactions that didn't complete. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Brittcat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

I'm trying to share a donate link with a group, but the link expires. My company receives donations through our parent company, so I don't have immediate access to the original button link. Is there any way to share it without having it expire or trying to track down the original button? I think everyone is on holiday. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Brittcat wrote:

Hi Olivia,

I'm trying to share a donate link with a group, but the link expires. My company receives donations through our parent company, so I don't have immediate access to the original button link. Is there any way to share it without having it expire or trying to track down the original button? I think everyone is on holiday. Thank you!

Hi @Brittcat,

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that the button link is not working. In situations where a button link does not work properly, it would be necessary to create a new button, generating a new link. I'm sorry about the inconvenience that poses. I know you wanted to get it out now, but you'll have to have the person who is able to log into the account create the new button. 😞

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, January 3rd at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.