PayPal USA Community Chat 12/20 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, December 20th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

sbm-esl
Contributor
Contributor

This is my first time in a chat.

I have a small business website with numerous products.

I see the "how to make a button" but I need help making decisions about putting buttons on my webpages.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@sbm-esl wrote:

This is my first time in a chat.

I have a small business website with numerous products.

I see the "how to make a button" but I need help making decisions about putting buttons on my webpages.

Hey @sbm-esl,

Welcome to chat, we are happy to have you! What kind of questions do you have about adding buttons? We'll be happy to help in any way we can. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sbm-esl
Contributor
Contributor

For example, do I set a S/H fee for 1 individual item, and if a customer orders 2 or 4, what happens to the S/H?

What about sales tax? Do I charge the amount in my locale? What if it's shipped out of of my city, county, state?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@sbm-esl wrote:

For example, do I set a S/H fee for 1 individual item, and if a customer orders 2 or 4, what happens to the S/H?

What about sales tax? Do I charge the amount in my locale? What if it's shipped out of of my city, county, state?

Hi @sbm-esl,

Great questions - are you using our shopping cart? If so, you can set up shipping per each specific button or you can set it up for the checkout which can be based on the item quantity, weight, or order amount (total price). This applies to the sales tax as well - you can set up these criteria within your shopping cart. This is something that can be based on lots of factors, so it may be best to contact us regarding this. You can reach us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter, and we'll be happy to assist in having this created. 🙂

If you're using another website's checkout process, you'll need to contact them to set up this information as it's based on their preferences, and we simply receive their details as the payment is processed. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

LambofGoth

I've asked this on Facebook and I've asked on Twitter.  I would like an answer and this doesn't require looking into ANYONE's account.

When the state appointments someone a legal guardian, what gives Paypal the right to ask the guardian WHY they were appointed?  The state makes those decisions in a closed Superior Court courtroom.  So at what point does it seem even remotely acceptable for your customer support people to ask WHY the appointment was made?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LambofGoth wrote:

I've asked this on Facebook and I've asked on Twitter.  I would like an answer and this doesn't require looking into ANYONE's account.

When the state appointments someone a legal guardian, what gives Paypal the right to ask the guardian WHY they were appointed?  The state makes those decisions in a closed Superior Court courtroom.  So at what point does it seem even remotely acceptable for your customer support people to ask WHY the appointment was made?  

Hi @LambofGoth,

I'm sorry to hear that there was a question asked that caused concern! Without reviewing the situation, it would not be possible to determine for certain the reason why a question was asked. Is the account holder of legal age to create a PayPal account under the terms of the PayPal User Agreement? That may have been one reason for the question. If the account holder can contact customer support, it will be possible to research the situation more thoroughly.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LambofGoth

Whether or not the account holder is of legal age is not relevant.  If the state deems that the person is unable to make decisions for themselves (and that includes entering into a contractual agreement) how is WHY the guardian was appointed relevant?  Paypal is obligated to respect the court's decision, yes?  WHY is a private issue... or the courts would hold those hearing publicly!   
Taking it a step further, why then does Paypal then insist on getting permission from the person unable to give permission so that Paypal can speak to the only person who IS legally able to make contractual/financial decisions?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LambofGoth wrote:

Whether or not the account holder is of legal age is not relevant.  If the state deems that the person is unable to make decisions for themselves (and that includes entering into a contractual agreement) how is WHY the guardian was appointed relevant?  Paypal is obligated to respect the court's decision, yes?  WHY is a private issue... or the courts would hold those hearing publicly!   
Taking it a step further, why then does Paypal then insist on getting permission from the person unable to give permission so that Paypal can speak to the only person who IS legally able to make contractual/financial decisions?  

Hi @LambofGoth,

I'm happy to clarify! If the account holder is not of legal age, it would require the closure of the account. It may be that the person asking the question phrased it in a manner that left the impression that the actual reason for the appointment was needed, when in reality, they were trying to determine if the account holder is a minor. Again, this is purely conjecture based on the original assumption.

Regarding permission to discuss - only the account holder can grant permission to discuss the account. This permission is not automatically granted to guardians. If the account holder is incapacitated, there are procedures for the next steps. It may be that the person to whom you were speaking was trying to determine if that process was needed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

goodfella11
Contributor
Contributor

I have a hold on a payment I received. It's been 3 days since the customer has received the item & I am **bleep** that I don't have my funds. It's been held for 13 days for no reason. I need this payment off hold by 5 so I can transfer to my bank and it'll appear by thursday. I have things to pay for and a business to run. I also have to get Christmas gifts. After 3 hours of waiting for a callback I finally got one & needed to speak to a supervisor. When the agent I spoke to transferred me, the supervisor hung up on me. This is rediculous. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@goodfella11 wrote:

I have a hold on a payment I received. It's been 3 days since the customer has received the item & I am **bleep** that I don't have my funds. It's been held for 13 days for no reason. I need this payment off hold by 5 so I can transfer to my bank and it'll appear by thursday. I have things to pay for and a business to run. I also have to get Christmas gifts. After 3 hours of waiting for a callback I finally got one & needed to speak to a supervisor. When the agent I spoke to transferred me, the supervisor hung up on me. This is rediculous. 

Hi @goodfella11,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration that you are experiencing, and I'm especially sorry to hear about the disconnected call.

Have three full days elapsed since the date of delivery? If we are on day three since the delivery, the release will automatically happen after the full time has gone by. The automatic release may not happen at the beginning of day three. If the release does not happen by the 4th day, a representative can review the payment. 

To learn more about funds availabilty, please read here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.