PayPal USA Community Chat 12/13 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, December 13th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

cw97ss

I just got approved for $2500 paypal credit today but when I try to use it i get this message...We are sorry, but we could not complete this payment, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please retry with a different card or funding option to continue with the payment. Could you tell me what this could mean?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@cw97ss wrote:

I just got approved for $2500 paypal credit today but when I try to use it i get this message...We are sorry, but we could not complete this payment, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please retry with a different card or funding option to continue with the payment. Could you tell me what this could mean?

Hey @cw97ss,

Congrats on getting approved, and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble using the credit line - that can definitely be frustrating. It sounds like you may be encountering our internal security, which may be denying the payment due to risk. This typically happens if the transaction you're attempting is outside of your normal purchase pattern (much higher amount, different kinds of goods or services, etc.), your account has had any recent suspicious activity (an unusual login from a new device or location), or we see any kind of risk related to the transaction itself (on either the buyer or seller's side). 

I would advise trying to purchase from a different merchant or vendor to see if you're able to complete the payment. If not, please contact us so that we can look into this more directly and see what's causing the issue. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

cw97ss

Does it matter if I use paypal credit to send money to friends as far as being denied?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@cw97ss wrote:

Does it matter if I use paypal credit to send money to friends as far as being denied?

Thanks for following up, @cw97ss!

You may use PayPal Credit to fund Friends and Family payments, so it sounds like it could likely be an issue with our security system or the PayPal Credit account. 

For further troubleshooting and for security purposes, it would likely be best to follow @PayPal_AshleyM's direction to reach out to PayPal customer support. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

GinnyL

Sorry, new user. I wasn't sure how to start a new topic ...

We have a customer in France that would like to send us money for our service.  How do we set that up?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@GinnyL wrote:

Sorry, new user. I wasn't sure how to start a new topic ...

We have a customer in France that would like to send us money for our service.  How do we set that up?

Welcome, @GinnyL!

Thanks for stopping by our Chat and welcome to PayPal! 🙂 

If you don't have PayPal linked to a website, there are alternative ways for you to receive a payment. 🙂 

You can either provide your PayPal email address to the buyer so they can send money to you or you may use Request Money on your PayPal account to send a payment request to the buyer to pay from. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

GinnyL

Thank you.  What would be the charged from France to the US?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@GinnyL wrote:

Thank you.  What would be the charged from France to the US?

You're welcome, @GinnyL! Great follow up question! The rate for international payments received is 4.4% of the received payment plus a fixed fee based on currency received. If you need more info on fees click here. 🙂

I hope that helps!

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.