cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Closed

Moderator

PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 8th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
12 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open

Hi everybody!

 

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open

Look I'm sorry if I'm repeating this. I find your chat difficult to navigate.   A week and a half ago I made a post about Disney's Song of the South dvds being sold on several different sites. I have a history of reporting these with no actions being taken. You can read my posting here: /t5/About-Settings/Song-of-the-South-DVD-sales/td-p/1346913

 

I'm wondering why nothing is ever done about this and what the most effective way of reporting this is. Thank you.

 

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open


Jack40 wrote:

Look I'm sorry if I'm repeating this. I find your chat difficult to navigate.   A week and a half ago I made a post about Disney's Song of the South dvds being sold on several different sites. I have a history of reporting these with no actions being taken. You can read my posting here: /t5/About-Settings/Song-of-the-South-DVD-sales/td-p/1346913

 

I'm wondering why nothing is ever done about this and what the most effective way of reporting this is. Thank you.

 


Hi @Jack40,

 

I'm sorry to hear that the chat has been difficult to navigate. The Community Chat is a thread that we open every week for immediate assistance from PayPal moderators and employees. The posts made in the forum outside of this chat are presented for the community of members to answer and are not a direct line to response from an employee. I'm sorry to hear that your post did not receive an answer from the community, and I'm happy to help now that it's been brought to the chat for attention.

 

To report sites that you believe are in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, please use the email address at the bottom of the Acceptable Use Policy page, which can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, or by following this link. If you have reported via that method and have received a response that your report will be investigated, that is the extent of what can be shared about actions taken on another account. PayPal will not share further updates, for privacy reasons.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open

 Olivia, you said, 

"To report sites that you believe are in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, please use the email address at the bottom of the Acceptable Use Policy page, which can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, or by following this link. If you have reported via that method and have received a response that your report will be investigated, that is the extent of what can be shared about actions taken on another account. PayPal will not share further updates, for privacy reasons."

 

However, I have used that method many, many times. And nothing ever gets done. In fact I began getting the impression that whoever handles these reports began seeing me as the problem for reporting the issues.  That is why I came here. If that method does not work --- if the issues are just ignored --- then what recourse can a person take over and beyond that?

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open


Jack40 wrote:

 Olivia, you said, 

"To report sites that you believe are in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, please use the email address at the bottom of the Acceptable Use Policy page, which can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, or by following this link. If you have reported via that method and have received a response that your report will be investigated, that is the extent of what can be shared about actions taken on another account. PayPal will not share further updates, for privacy reasons."

 

However, I have used that method many, many times. And nothing ever gets done. In fact I began getting the impression that whoever handles these reports began seeing me as the problem for reporting the issues.  That is why I came here. If that method does not work --- if the issues are just ignored --- then what recourse can a person take over and beyond that?


Hi @Jack40,

 

I can understand the frustration that the sites are permitted to function after PayPal review. We make no guarantee that a review will result in the termination of an account. Reports are appreciated, but the investigation may not yield the result that you request. 

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open

Okay, Olivia. But tell me why they would take action against me and not someone else.  Seriously, you are no longer giving answers,  you are giving run arounds.

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open


Jack40 wrote:

Okay, Olivia. But tell me why they would take action against me and not someone else.  Seriously, you are no longer giving answers,  you are giving run arounds.


Hi @Jack40,

 

I can understand why it would appear that my answers are not direct. The limitations of this community as a discussion platform are that we cannot discuss account-specific information, and can speak only in generalities. To discuss the specifics of your account and your limitation, you would need to reach out to customer support. Your request for reconsideration can be evaluated by a support representative. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

 

I wish you luck in pursuing restoration of your account!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open

So I recieved 2 refunds this morning. They both say complete, but I haven't actually gotten my money back.
Tags (1)
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 11/8 - Open


Rhenliz wrote:
So I recieved 2 refunds this morning. They both say complete, but I haven't actually gotten my money back.

Hi @Rhenliz,

 

Glad to hear your refunds were issued, and I'm happy to help with the time frame! Depending on how you paid, refunds can take a little bit of time to complete. If you paid with a bank, the refund would go back to your PayPal balance once it finishes processing from the bank. If it was made with a card, the refund should return to the card within 3-5 business days! Here's more info on refunds if you have any other questions!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.