PayPal USA Community Chat 11/29 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 29th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

PayPal_AshleyM

@cabrerahector wrote:

Hey there!

I'm trying to make a purchase on eBay (a laptop) and no matter what I do I keep getting this message: "Sorry, this payment option isn't available. (...) Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue."

Is this because my account isn't US based? (Seller is US based)

Hey @cabrerahector,

I'm sorry to hear the payment isn't going through. 😞 The issue shouldn't be that the seller is US based and you're not - we have international payments all the time. The seller could be blocking international buyers, but that would be part of the message you receive about why it doesn't go through.

Typically when we see the message you mentioned below appears, it's due to our internal security blocking the payment. This means our system recognized something that posed risk with the transaction, and we're not allowing it to go through. We wouldn't be able to provide any kind of specifics here, but I would advise either trying with a different payment method, or checing out as a guest by choosing to pay with a debit or credit card. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sendjunkhere

Got a text message asking me to reply YES or NO to transaction that i did make from phone # 729-725. There were spelling errors in the message; Authorized was spelled 'ahorized'. When I replied YES, a return message said SORRY THIS REQUEST HAS EXPIRED.

Is this legit? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@sendjunkhere wrote:

Got a text message asking me to reply YES or NO to transaction that i did make from phone # 729-725. There were spelling errors in the message; Authorized was spelled 'ahorized'. When I replied YES, a return message said SORRY THIS REQUEST HAS EXPIRED.

Is this legit? 

Hey @sendjunkhere,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the text. This was a text from PayPal, however the issue you mentioned is something we've identified as typically being an issue with the carrier. This occurs when the text is longer than 160 characters, and the carrier removes letters to make the message fit within the space. 

Regarding the response, if you don't reply within the time frame, it will not recognize that you are responding to the initial message, which would result in the expired response. If you did reply within the time, please let us know so that we can ensure this feedback is escalated for review. Thank you, and I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sendjunkhere

yes, i responded within 30 seconds.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@sendjunkhere wrote:

yes, i responded within 30 seconds.

Hey @sendjunkhere,

Thanks for providing that information. We'll ensure this feedback is forwarded through for review. Have a great rest of your day!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

sendjunkhere

so what happens to my transaction now?

one more question...if a buyer disputes a transaction and get their money back, does the seller still pay the paypal fee?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@sendjunkhere wrote:

so what happens to my transaction now?

one more question...if a buyer disputes a transaction and get their money back, does the seller still pay the paypal fee?

Hey @sendjunkhere,

Did you authorize the payment that you received the text about? If so, it should not be affected. If it was not authorized, you'll want to report this to us right away using the information here. You'll also want to change your password to ensure your account is secure.  

As far as your second question, if the transaction is disputed and refunded or reversed to the buyer, the seller is still responsible for the PayPal fee, and this would not be returned. 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

Where in the paypal policy does it state this that the seller cannot get the fee back if a case is opened ? I have looked every where and cannot find it. And what if the buyer doesn't give the seller a chance respond ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@romod wrote:

Where in the paypal policy does it state this that the seller cannot get the fee back if a case is opened ? I have looked every where and cannot find it. And what if the buyer doesn't give the seller a chance respond ?

Hi @romod,

I'll be happy to clarify. In the section I listed previously, the following sentence appears: "If you refund a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, PayPal retains the fixed fee portion of the fees you paid."

Regarding a chance to respond, any dispute allows the seller a chance to respond. Please make sure you're keeping an eye on your email for updates. You can also watch the progress of any cases in the Resolution Center on your account.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Roland91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a question too.

After receiving payment, I got a notification that my account is exceeded X amount of money and I have to send in additional information about my identity and adress so that you guys can confirm it. Hovewer I'm waiting for the response for over 14 days now. I am worried about that my account gets locked or something, especially because I've just read a post on the forum that someone had the same situation like me and he didn't get confirmed in the given 30 day time period.

How long does it take to confirm the submitted information?  Also can I get any feedback that the submitted information is correct or that it's under review?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.