PayPal USA Community Chat 11/29 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 29th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

DoreenVic

Hello,

Is this being  posted.  I'm looking for how to set up PP Standard.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@DoreenVic wrote:

Hello,

Is this being  posted.  I'm looking for how to set up PP Standard.

Thanks

Hi @DoreenVic,

Welcome to the chat! Your post has been posted! 🙂

I'll be happy to help! What are you working on setting up? PayPal Payments Standard is the default account type. There are many ways to pay and be paid. If you have any questions, I have answers!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DoreenVic

We are ready to go live on our store, which is with Volusion.  Volusion claims they are comptible with PP Standard.  I see someone already set up PP Express but we do not want visitors to leave the site or have a popup window.  But I cannot find where the PP Standard set up is.  Is this because somone set up Express already?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@DoreenVic wrote:

We are ready to go live on our store, which is with Volusion.  Volusion claims they are comptible with PP Standard.  I see someone already set up PP Express but we do not want visitors to leave the site or have a popup window.  But I cannot find where the PP Standard set up is.  Is this because somone set up Express already?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @DoreenVic,

If you want to check to see what specific account attributes you have set up, you would want to reach out to customer support for that kind of account-specific information. You can ask if PayPal Payments Pro is enabled on your account. That is a service that comes with a monthly fee, so you'll definitely want to know if that's something that was set up. A representative can also give you a little bit of direction at that time about how to utilize the features. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Questions about integration can also be directed to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community

Olivia

Login to Me Too

DoreenVic

Hello Olivia,

Thank you so very much.  This is my first time working with Volusion.  I'll give support a whirl!  Thanks again!

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

@DoreenVic wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi @DoreenVic,

If you want to check to see what specific account attributes you have set up, you would want to reach out to customer support for that kind of account-specific information. You can ask if PayPal Payments Pro is enabled on your account. That is a service that comes with a monthly fee, so you'll definitely want to know if that's something that was set up. A representative can also give you a little bit of direction at that time about how to utilize the features. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Questions about integration can also be directed to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@latira wrote:

Hi

My question is a bit of a long one, and probably silly, but I have been trying to get it answered for over a hour now.

Finally I happen to see this post, and felt hope was alive 🙂

I purchased a item on amazon, and the funds was removed from my paypal balance, altho it says it was a authorization charge the money is actually gone, the seller in return canceled the item saying that they priced it wrong, yet my money has not returned.
I contacted amazon, and they said that paypal is the one that will do the post back since the seller never shipped the item, they never received the payment. Unfortunately the money was removed from the account so

I just want to know how long it will take for my money to post back?

Hi @latira!

Thanks for stopping by our Community Chat and I'm glad you found us! 😄 I'm sorry to hear that there was a recent issue with an Amazon purchase and I'll be happy to do my best to help you out with this one. 🙂

From your description of the purchase, it sounds like the purchase was funded with a PayPal Debit Card. When you use a PayPal Debit Card to make a purchase, an authorization is initially placed and funds are set aside under the authorization for the merchant to collect payment. If the merchant has cancels the order, the authorization is typically cancelled or the merchant will issue a refund. Typically with debit card authorizations, it takes about 3-5 business days for funds to post back to the PayPal balance, but it can take up to 30 days. Usually it is sooner than later. 

If the purchase was recent, I'd keep an eye on the debit card transaction and the PayPal account balance for updates. 🙂 I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

latira

Thank you so much. You really really helped me out. I'm so glad I saw this post or I would have still been trying to figure it out.

Yes you are correct I used my paypal  debit card.

Since the merchant canceled the order before it was shipped I am hoping that means they never received the payment.

So I will keep a look out for it thanks a bunch.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@latira wrote:

Thank you so much. You really really helped me out. I'm so glad I saw this post or I would have still been trying to figure it out.

Yes you are correct I used my paypal  debit card.

Since the merchant canceled the order before it was shipped I am hoping that means they never received the payment.

So I will keep a look out for it thanks a bunch.

You're most welcome, @latira! If the merchant hasn't shipped yet, it's likely that the authorization will just cancel within a few days. 🙂

I'm so glad I could help! Thanks for using PayPal and have a great day! 😄

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

latira

Thank you so much again, I can feel my headache calming down.

I love using paypal .

I hope you have a blessed day. 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@latira wrote:

Thank you so much again, I can feel my headache calming down.

I love using paypal .

I hope you have a blessed day. 🙂

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ We love our customers!! 😄

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.