PayPal USA Community Chat 11/29 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 29th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

PayPal_Olivia

@nicolekristine wrote:

I have some - Why does PayPal continue to have the one lowest rated customer service ratings possible? Why is it so difficult to actually receive help from an agent? Why won't they give me my money? 

Hi @nicolekristine,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. 😞

If you can share a little more about the situation without disclosing any account specific information, I'll be happy to help with general information. If you need account specific assistance, please contact customer support. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia for the reply. I've called twice, emailed twice, and tried twitter twice and have received no replies on the two online platforms.

The telephone agents made zero sense with what they were saying and provided no resolution or help.

There are two security holds on my transfers from paypal to my personal debit card with no explanation why and no way for me to help resolve it during a time when i desperately need the money. I had my friend send me the money under the impression i could instantly send it to my debit card and now i have nothing. They say they will be resolved within 24 hours and that was false. Is there a different department other than the general customer service department I can please contact via telephone that can help me resolve PayPals "security hold" on their end? I am desperate and so frustrated. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@nicolekristine wrote:

Thanks Olivia for the reply. I've called twice, emailed twice, and tried twitter twice and have received no replies on the two online platforms.

The telephone agents made zero sense with what they were saying and provided no resolution or help.

There are two security holds on my transfers from paypal to my personal debit card with no explanation why and no way for me to help resolve it during a time when i desperately need the money. I had my friend send me the money under the impression i could instantly send it to my debit card and now i have nothing. They say they will be resolved within 24 hours and that was false. Is there a different department other than the general customer service department I can please contact via telephone that can help me resolve PayPals "security hold" on their end? I am desperate and so frustrated. 

I understand how frustrating it would be to have a withdrawal held for review when it was expected to be transferred. A withdrawal review can't be expedited. If funds have been held during the withdrawal process, they will be released to the debit card once that review is completed. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

I'm also sorry that you have not yet received a reply on Twitter or Facebook. The teams that respond on those platforms usually have an initial response out very quickly, but there may be some delay due to the recent holiday and its effect on contact volume. I'm sure that they will have a response to you very soon.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please advise me on how long it typically takes PayPal to review a withdrawal hold? Or where I can obtain information on why it happened?

I honestly can't believe PayPal can just refuse to hand over our money, not tell us why or when we will get it, and basically tell their customers to sit back down in the dark and deal with it because there is absolutely nothing nobody in the whole world can do to fix it or help resolve it. I apologize but PayPal's practices do not make much sense to me as a consumer. But thank you for the replies. Appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@nicolekristine wrote:

Can you please advise me on how long it typically takes PayPal to review a withdrawal hold? Or where I can obtain information on why it happened?

I honestly can't believe PayPal can just refuse to hand over our money, not tell us why or when we will get it, and basically tell their customers to sit back down in the dark and deal with it because there is absolutely nothing nobody in the whole world can do to fix it or help resolve it. I apologize but PayPal's practices do not make much sense to me as a consumer. But thank you for the replies. Appreciate it.

Hi @nicolekristine,

Typically, a held withdrawal will take 24-72 hours to review. The reason why the delay was necessary won't be disclosed, as the details of our security protocols cannot be made available. We can't risk fraudsters knowing how we go about determining the need for review, so that information is not able to be shared. PayPal takes the security of your money very seriously, and these delays are sometimes needed in order to ensure it. I really do regret the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

camilacutie

My paypal was fine until I asked the askpaypal twitter a question. Now my account cant recieve or send money. Fix it please.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@camilacutie wrote:

My paypal was fine until I asked the askpaypal twitter a question. Now my account cant recieve or send money. Fix it please.

Hi @camilacutie

Welcome to the PayPal USA Community Chat! I'm sorry to hear that there have been some recent issues with using your PayPal account. 😞 Can you please provide some details on what your initial inquiry was as well as what's happening now? I'll be happy to help troubleshoot. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

camilacutie

My

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

@camilacutie wrote:

Hi @camilacutie

Welcome to the PayPal USA Community Chat! I'm sorry to hear that there have been some recent issues with using your PayPal account. 😞 Can you please provide some details on what your initial inquiry was as well as what's happening now? I'll be happy to help troubleshoot. 

-Ashley

My initial question was as to how to get a business payment quicker because it was an electronic shipment. But now nothing works after I gave my information. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@camilacutie wrote:

My initial question was as to how to get a business payment quicker because it was an electronic shipment. But now nothing works after I gave my information. 

Thanks for following up, @camilacutie!

That's very strange and I understand why that would be concerning. As the two inquiries aren't related, they do sound like separate issues. As the PayPal Community Help Forum is a space for general support, I would recommend continuing to work with our AskPayPal team for further assistance and investigation into the problem. If you'd like you may reach out to us via phone or email as well by clicking on "Help and Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

cabrerahector
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there!

I'm trying to make a purchase on eBay (a laptop) and no matter what I do I keep getting this message: "Sorry, this payment option isn't available. (...) Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue."

Is this because my account isn't US based? (Seller is US based)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.