PayPal USA Community Chat 11/15 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, November 15th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

MinaC
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way I can view my PayPal Here items by category in the sales report?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@MinaC wrote:

Is there any way I can view my PayPal Here items by category in the sales report?

Hi @MinaC

Thanks for joining our chat! Within the PayPal Here app, there are ways to view PayPal Here items by Payment Type, Items Sold and User. You may also export the reports into a CSV file where you may customize your report. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure to pass along your feedback!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Still-waiting
There is nothing “swift” about this. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Still-waiting wrote:
There is nothing “swift” about this. Thank you.

I can definitely understand the frustration! I sincerely hope that things from here forward speed up for you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jkrauser1989
Contributor
Contributor

I got 3 refunds coming my way from Paypal. One of them showed up on my paypal balance, the other 2 didn't. How long does this take?

Also, it's showing up as 'transfer'? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jkrauser1989 wrote:

I got 3 refunds coming my way from Paypal. One of them showed up on my paypal balance, the other 2 didn't. How long does this take?

Hi @jkrauser1989,

I'm sorry to hear that your refunds have not shown up in your balance yet! If the person issuing the refund did so using the refund link in the original payment, the funds will do one of the following things, depending on what funding method was used at the time of the payment:

• If a credit card was used, the funds will return to the credit card. This may take a few days, and in some rare circumstances, even up to a full credit card billing cycle.
  • If the PayPal balance was used, the funds will return to the PayPal balance immediately.
  • If a bank account was used, the funds will also return to the PayPal balance, but it may take a little time for the funds to be available if the original transaction happened within the last few business days. The funds from the original payment have to finish transferring from your bank account, through the ACH network, and into PayPal. Once that occurs, the funds from the refund will be made available to you.
  • If a debit card was used, the funds may be returned to the card as above, or to the balance, depending on the processing network that was used at the time of the transaction. The refund transaction details will indicate where the funds are headed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jkrauser1989
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

@jkrauser1989 wrote:

Hi @jkrauser1989,

I'm sorry to hear that your refunds have not shown up in your balance yet! If the person issuing the refund did so using the refund link in the original payment, the funds will do one of the following things, depending on what funding method was used at the time of the payment:

• If a credit card was used, the funds will return to the credit card. This may take a few days, and in some rare circumstances, even up to a full credit card billing cycle.
  • If the PayPal balance was used, the funds will return to the PayPal balance immediately.
  • If a bank account was used, the funds will also return to the PayPal balance, but it may take a little time for the funds to be available if the original transaction happened within the last few business days. The funds from the original payment have to finish transferring from your bank account, through the ACH network, and into PayPal. Once that occurs, the funds from the refund will be made available to you.
  • If a debit card was used, the funds may be returned to the card as above, or to the balance, depending on the processing network that was used at the time of the transaction. The refund transaction details will indicate where the funds are headed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

So, all 3 were used from my Iphone, I linked Paypal to my itunes to pay for things. 

One showed up right away, the other 2 are still pending?

Still a little confused! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jkrauser1989 wrote:

So, all 3 were used from my Iphone, I linked Paypal to my itunes to pay for things. 

One showed up right away, the other 2 are still pending?

Still a little confused! 

Hi @jkrauser1989,

Sorry for any confusion! The method of accessing PayPal isn't what determines the funding method. If you look at the details of the original payment in your activity, you'll be able to see how each payment was funded. That funding determines how the refund will be applied.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

toaruScar
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question about the funcionality to search for a transaction with the transaction ID.

I know that if you go to www.paypal.com/history, you'd get the option to search for transactions with all kinds of IDs.

But this is not the case fro my friends. His history page look like this (note that there's no "search transaction" next to "all activity"):

How could he turn the search function on?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@toaruScar wrote:

I have a question about the functionality to search for a transaction with the transaction ID.

I know that if you go to www.paypal.com/history, you'd get the option to search for transactions with all kinds of IDs.

But this is not the case fro my friends. His history page look like this (note that there's no "search transaction" next to "all activity"):

How could he turn the search function on?

Hi @toaruScar!

Thanks for stopping by our chat! 🙂 Great question about searching for transactions! 

It sounds like your friend may have a personal PayPal account. Only PayPal business accounts have access to search by transaction ID through the PayPal account. 

From looking at the screenshot, I notice the page is set to "All Activity (with balance.)" If your friend switches back to "All Activity," he will then be able to download a CSV file and search for the transaction ID that way. 🙂

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.