PayPal USA Community Chat 10/25 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, October 25th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lizbrunetti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!  Can receipts be customized with a business logo or slogan?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@lizbrunetti wrote:

Hi!  Can receipts be customized with a business logo or slogan?

Hi @lizbrunetti!

Thanks for joining our chat! 🙂 For security purposes, PayPal receipts cannot be edited or altered.

Merchants may use a third party checkout or an eCommerce platform to send out a separate receipt with a company logo or slogan on it. 

I hope this helps to clarify! Let me know if you have more questions!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

RR1011
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, What should I do if I have a bank account linked to my account and confirmed but cannot buy anything without a message saying add a credit or debit card to complete your order?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@RR1011 wrote:
Hello, What should I do if I have a bank account linked to my account and confirmed but cannot buy anything without a message saying add a credit or debit card to complete your order?

Hi @lizbrunetti,

Ashley is working on your query and will have a response to you shortly!

Hi @RR1011,

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't being presented with the option to pay with the method you'd prefer to use. Here are a few reasons why there could be a request for a credit or debit card for the order:

It's possible that the order involved a billing agreement that allows for future payments. In such situations, a card is typically needed so that future payments can be associated with a method that can be pre-approved. Even if the purchase is a one-time only purchase, some merchants do require a billing agreement be set up.

It's possible that the bank that you have on file has been ruled out for the transaction during the risk assessment that our security system performs on every transaction. In that case, you might be requested to supply another payment method for that transaction.

It's possible that the merchant requires a confirmed address, and the system is prompting you to add a payment method that would allow you to confirm your address by its association with that card.

The above reasons are the ones most likely for this requirement. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Shaleeb
New Community Member

Hello! 

I went to pay for a Groupon with PayPal and during the check out lost connection. I've chatted with the Groupon side, and it shows my payment is stuck in pending on PayPal but I can't find it on my account to finish the payment. It has a $31 Groupon gift card attached which is why I need this payment to go through. Where can I find this or how can I get it resolved?  

Thanks! 

**nevermind, the payment just got sent back. Thanks!** 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Shaleeb wrote:

Hello! 

I went to pay for a Groupon with PayPal and during the check out lost connection. I've chatted with the Groupon side, and it shows my payment is stuck in pending on PayPal but I can't find it on my account to finish the payment. It has a $31 Groupon gift card attached which is why I need this payment to go through. Where can I find this or how can I get it resolved?  

Thanks! 

**nevermind, the payment just got sent back. Thanks!** 

Hi @Shaleeb,

Welcome to the community, new member!

Thank you so much for editing your post to advise that the issue is now resolved. I was just about to start typing away, and then I hit "Quote message" and saw the update to your message. Good timing!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

eddie_onsurez
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had money sent to my Paypal account, but unbenownst to me, it was locked at the time due to a pending negative balance. I paid off the balance, but the money that was sent is still not reflecting in my balance. I contacted the company that disbursed the funds, and they showed it was paid out to my account. I sent customer service an email yesterday regarding the situation and have not heard back. So...where is my $?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@eddie_onsurez wrote:

I recently had money sent to my Paypal account, but unbenownst to me, it was locked at the time due to a pending negative balance. I paid off the balance, but the money that was sent is still not reflecting in my balance. I contacted the company that disbursed the funds, and they showed it was paid out to my account. I sent customer service an email yesterday regarding the situation and have not heard back. So...where is my $?

Hi @eddie_onsurez!

Welcome to our Community Chat! I'm sorry to hear that you've recently run into some trouble with accepting a payment. 😞

Locked paypal accounts cannot receive payments and any payment sent to a locked account would be rejected. If the sender was issuing a single payment to you individually, they should have received an error message upon attempting to send the money to you. 

If the sender was issuing multiple payments to multiple people in a batch with a tool called "Mass Payments," then the sender would have been notified of any payments that were unable to process. 

The only other case in which the payment would have been able to process would have been if the sender had a PayPal email address on file for you that differed from the email address you have on your PayPal account. 

I would recommend reaching out to the sender once more to double check the PayPal email address that they have on file for you as well as check to see what the payment status shows. 

If the sender still indicates that the payment was sent and shows as "Completed" on PayPal, then I would recommend asking them for the PayPal transaction ID. Once you have the transaction ID, you'll want to reach out to PayPal customer support for further assistance and research. @customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.