cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Closed

Moderator

PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, October 11th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
13 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open

Hi everybody!

 

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

 

-Ashley


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open

Hey I do not know why I have a negative Paypal balance PLEASE HELP ASAP!


Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open


NukeLuxury wrote:

Hey I do not know why I have a negative Paypal balance PLEASE HELP ASAP!



Hi @NukeLuxury,

 

Welcome to the community!

 

I'm sorry to hear that you have a negative balance that you can't explain. If there was a payment that you received that was disputed, that might cause it. If you made a payment and your funding methods were not able to be used, that might cause it.

 

If you're not able to identify one of those two situations, I recommend reaching out to Customer Support, so a representative can look at the details of your account and explain the cause. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open


Yes it was because of a Dispute. 

My PayPal Account had a Dispute that I got back. My dispute money was given back and I sent my money to a family member  (Having $0 in my Account). I open up my Paypal and it says I have a negative balance, which i shouldn't have. Then i check to see why and the person who I put my dispute against had caused paypal to take the money from my account that I won with the dispute. This is unfair because the person knew closing their PayPal will cause the money to go to no-one. Basically that means I lost my Money! PLEASE GET BACK TO ME! I am very unsatisfied ATM!

PayPal_Olivia wrote:

NukeLuxury wrote:

Hey I do not know why I have a negative Paypal balance PLEASE HELP ASAP!



Hi @NukeLuxury,

 

Welcome to the community!

 

I'm sorry to hear that you have a negative balance that you can't explain. If there was a payment that you received that was disputed, that might cause it. If you made a payment and your funding methods were not able to be used, that might cause it.

 

If you're not able to identify one of those two situations, I recommend reaching out to Customer Support, so a representative can look at the details of your account and explain the cause. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

 

Olivia

 


 

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open


NukeLuxury wrote:

Yes it was because of a Dispute. 

My PayPal Account had a Dispute that I got back. My dispute money was given back and I sent my money to a family member  (Having $0 in my Account). I open up my Paypal and it says I have a negative balance, which i shouldn't have. Then i check to see why and the person who I put my dispute against had caused paypal to take the money from my account that I won with the dispute. This is unfair because the person knew closing their PayPal will cause the money to go to no-one. Basically that means I lost my Money! PLEASE GET BACK TO ME! I am very unsatisfied ATM!

Hi @NukeLuxury,

 

I definitely recommend reaching out to customer support for assistance with this. We're unable to give account-specific assistance in the forum, but a representative can dig into the details if you reach out by one of the avenues I provided earlier.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open

My PayPal Account had a Dispute that I got back. My dispute money was given back and I sent my money to a family member  (Having $0 in my Account). I open up my Paypal and it says I have a negative balance, which i shouldn't have. Then i check to see why and the person who I put my dispute against had caused paypal to take the money from my account that I won with the dispute. This is unfair because the person knew closing their PayPal will cause the money to go to no-one. Basically that means I lost my Money! PLEASE GET BACK TO ME! I am very unsatisfied ATM!

New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open

I'm having a couple issues, one I was doing instant transfers between Coinbase and PayPal when suddenly this turned into a 2-day wait time before the coinbase outage.

 

Number 2, my PayPal debit card has been rejected even though I have a positive net balance.  This happened to me earlier when it did I called PayPal and they explained there was a hold due to traveling.  PayPal lifted the hold but now it's happening again.

Moderator

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open


nimoore wrote:

I'm having a couple issues, one I was doing instant transfers between Coinbase and PayPal when suddenly this turned into a 2-day wait time before the coinbase outage.

 

Number 2, my PayPal debit card has been rejected even though I have a positive net balance.  This happened to me earlier when it did I called PayPal and they explained there was a hold due to traveling.  PayPal lifted the hold but now it's happening again.


Hi @nimoore,

 

Welcome to our chat and thanks for joining us! I'm sorry to hear you've run into a couple of issues recently. Let's talk about them. 

 

Can you provide some further details about what you're experiencing with Coinbase? Are you sending money to Coinbase or are you receiving money from them?

 

Secondly, I understand there are problems using a PayPal Debit Card. PayPal reviews every transaction before it is approved and due to our strict security measures, some transactions may be declined. Since we take our customers' security very seriously, an account in good standing may be affected. If you're still travelling, it's possible that may be the reason for continued declines. I would recommend reaching out to customer support for further review.  Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

 

-Ashley

 


If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
New Community Member

Re: PayPal USA Community Chat 10/11 - Open

I have been selling bitcoin into my PayPal account instantly.  It was working wonderfully until all of a sudden Coinbase put a 2-day turn around time on my sell orders.  I was very dismayed by this as I have been looking to alleviate this friction for some time.  I was even planning on recommending this path to friends and family.  I understand the need for security but the friction in payments needs to be reduced not exacerbated.  As you know the competition in this space is heating up and customers are going to migrate to services with the least amount of friction, not the highest security threshold.