PayPal USA Community Chat 1/31 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 31st, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody!

This week's USA Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

I use Invoicing and I am now sending the links directly to my customers (along with a *.pdf that shows them how and where to click and enter data) ... as these are clients who are paying with their company cards and "should not" create personal PayPal accounts.

I have just been shown how "they" are not being allowed to bypass the account creation process ... what happened to the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button under the "--- or ---" under the "Pay with PayPal?

This is what was sent to me to prove they didn't have the option of not creating a PayPal account:

FedEx_Error.jpgClickHere.jpg

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

The image on the bottom is from my *.pdf ... I was having people login to their personal accounts and then I had to refund their personal account payment ... I was also having people creating accounts with corporate cards and getting errors (and abandonment) ... so I now have a 3 page document I send to help them see how they can pay online just like with every other payment portal (or should be).

I like your invoicing system accept for this "near" mandatory account creation ... I don't even mind the costs and fees ... but you/we have to make this better ... I don't know what else I can do and now with the loss of the "bypass" button I am not going to do it anymore ... I can't do this to a company like FedEx.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

wrote:

The image on the bottom is from my *.pdf ... I was having people login to their personal accounts and then I had to refund their personal account payment ... I was also having people creating accounts with corporate cards and getting errors (and abandonment) ... so I now have a 3 page document I send to help them see how they can pay online just like with every other payment portal (or should be).

I like your invoicing system accept for this "near" mandatory account creation ... I don't even mind the costs and fees ... but you/we have to make this better ... I don't know what else I can do and now with the loss of the "bypass" button I am not going to do it anymore ... I can't do this to a company like FedEx.

Hi @TigerTaco,

Thank you for this feedback. The security models that may prevent a guest payment from being an option are a necessary part of keeping the payment environment safe. I will pass along the feedback you've provided, though.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

wrote:

I use Invoicing and I am now sending the links directly to my customers (along with a *.pdf that shows them how and where to click and enter data) ... as these are clients who are paying with their company cards and "should not" create personal PayPal accounts.

I have just been shown how "they" are not being allowed to bypass the account creation process ... what happened to the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button under the "--- or ---" under the "Pay with PayPal?

Hi @TigerTaco,

I'm sorry to hear that your buyers aren't getting the option to pay as a guest. That can happen under some circumstances if the system determines that the guest option cannot be offered for that transaction. That can be based on the country of the purchaser, or it may be related to risk factors. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

I am an American company in Mesa, Arizona, USA and the case shown is an American Company (FedEx Corporation) branch office (not a franchise or loose association, but an actual owned location where they are one and the same with their parent) in Roseville, California, USA.

They pay with American Express Cards ... not "everyone" of their offices have a problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

wrote:

I am an American company in Mesa, Arizona, USA and the case shown is an American Company (FedEx Corporation) branch office (not a franchise or loose association, but an actual owned location where they are one and the same with their parent) in Roseville, California, USA.

They pay with American Express Cards ... not "everyone" of their offices have a problem.

Thank you for the clarification. Then it would not be an issue with the country from which they're purchasing, but likely some other factor that is being flagged as a reason that guest checkout cannot be offered. Again, this is an intended functionality and prevents fraudulent payments from occurring. Unfortunately there are times when it can also prevent payments that are legitimate.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TigerTaco
Contributor
Contributor

The top image (that shows my problem) was removed or deleted ... so I made it smaller and am reposting so you can see the specific issue.

I do have a business account and my customers are professionals (my invoice ones) ...

FedEx_Error.jpg

Login to Me Too

Msdtgo169
Contributor
Contributor
i tried to do a instant withdrawal to my debit card and accepted the .25 cent fee for instant but then i got the security review could take 24 hours non sense. so my question is can this be sped up somehow and if not will i still get the .25 cent charge for instant transfer? If it takes 24 hours that means the transfer isnt instant therefore charging .25 cents for a instant withdrawal that isnt instant is false regardless of yalls security review. This is a very annoying and inconvenient issue. And considering most ppl use the service because of a urgent reason of immediately needing access to these funds this could hurt business for yall
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.