PayPal USA Community Chat 1/3 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 3rd, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Chameleon00
Contributor
Contributor

First I tried transfer to bank and was refunded. Next I tried transfering to a debit card and was refunded as well. The amount is less than $1,000. There isn't much info except refunded. I am trying to use my brother's bank info as I closed the banking account that was linked to paypal. Does that come into play in this situation?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

@Chameleon00 wrote:

First I tried transfer to bank and was refunded. Next I tried transfering to a debit card and was refunded as well. The amount is less than $1,000. There isn't much info except refunded. I am trying to use my brother's bank info as I closed the banking account that was linked to paypal. Does that come into play in this situation?

I appreciate the additional details, @Chameleon00

I understand that you've tried to use your brother's bank account to make your withdraw and I would further advise removing his account from your PayPal account. It's likely that you will continue to experience issues with using his account for transactions, especially if the information on the bank account does not match what is on your PayPal account. 

On to the debit card withdrawal attempts - does the name on your card match how your name is entered on your PayPal account? If it does not, then this would cause the withdrawals to fail as well. 

@if the name does match and the withdrawals to your card continue to be refunded, then I would advise reaching out to our customer support team for further research. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

Alternatively, you could always request a check if you don't plan on opening a new bank account soon. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Chameleon00
Contributor
Contributor

does closing your checking account have any effect on how you access your money or is it located on paypal's account until you transfer it?

Login to Me Too

spamagus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I finally verified my paypal account and unlimited it. Does that mean I now have more sending flexibilities?(I can send more and bigger payments)

And will I get less errors and "paypal cooldowns"?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@spamagus wrote:

Hi, I finally verified my paypal account and unlimited it. Does that mean I now have more sending flexibilities?(I can send more and bigger payments)

Hi @spamagus

Thank you for joining the chat and great job verifying your account! Verifying means that you have taken the steps to provide additional evidence of your identity. This creates confidence and a willingness to do business with you. It also should help with many security issues that may affect your ability to login or send payments. However, if you continue to experience these, you may want to give us a call by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of most pages on the PayPal website. There may be another concern that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, you're good to go!

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

spamagus
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Michelle wrote:

@spamagus wrote:

Hi @spamagus

Thank you for joining the chat and great job verifying your account! Verifying means that you have taken the steps to provide additional evidence of your identity. This creates confidence and a willingness to do business with you. It also should help with many security issues that may affect your ability to login or send payments. However, if you continue to experience these, you may want to give us a call by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of most pages on the PayPal website. There may be another concern that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, you're good to go!

Thank you!

Michelle

What other concern would that be?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@spamagus wrote:

@PayPal_Michelle wrote:

@spamagus wrote:

Hi @spamagus

Thank you!

Michelle

What other concern would that be?

Excellent question, @spamagus. By verifying your account, you should be fine logging in and sending payments. Hopefully, the errors you experienced before verifying the account are no longer an issue, but I wanted to make sure that if for some reason you continue to have difficulty, to let you know we may need to take a closer look into what may be triggering our security system. Our customer service teammates are here to help should that occur, and please don't hesitate to call if you still need assistance. 🙂 

Thank you again!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

AutismFitMom
New Community Member
I’m the mother of a child with special needs who is fundraising for an awesome school. After raising a nominal 90 PayPal blocked my access. Thank have yet to get an answer about this. What is egregious about fundraising for a school?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@AutismFitMom wrote:
I’m the mother of a child with special needs who is fundraising for an awesome school. After raising a nominal 90 PayPal blocked my access. Thank have yet to get an answer about this. What is egregious about fundraising for a school?

Hi @AutismFitMom,

I'm so sorry to hear about the limitation! I'm unable to discuss account specifics in this forum, but I'll do my best to assist with general help.

It may be that identity confirmation is necessary in order to proceed with collecting funds. Were documents of any kind requested for review?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mjwiener

Hi There - Have a quick question on a very recent transaction. 

I wanted to cancel and issue a refund back to the account holder for the full amount received. I've never issued a refund before but want to make sure the Fee Amount that was initially taken out is returned as well. 

Can you please advise?

Unique Transaction ID # 68103260EH381224U

Thank you,

Matt

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.