PayPal USA Community Chat 1/17 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly USA Community Chat on Wednesday, January 17th, from 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

PayPal_Olivia

@backwoods12 wrote:

i am guessing is some kind of software that automattically flags accounts over 20k and then generates a 1099k for them?  

Hi @backwoods12,

That's correct. I'm glad, too. Imagine how hard it would be to manually check eligibility and create so many documents! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

backwoods12

yes makes sense,

so if a person calls paypal customer service woudl they be able to pull up that information pretty easily for you and would it be accurate?  also what the Customer service person sees is also the same as what the software sees so their information woudl be correct?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@backwoods12 wrote:

yes makes sense,

so if a person calls paypal customer service woudl they be able to pull up that information pretty easily for you and would it be accurate?  also what the Customer service person sees is also the same as what the software sees so their information woudl be correct?

Hi @backwoods12,

Great question! The reports that are customer-facing are actually not available to a customer support representative. If you were to call, a representative would be able to roughly estimate the amounts that would be reported, but the best way to get that information would be to run an Annual Financial Summary Report. You can get that by clicking Activity (at the top of your PayPal account), then Statements (to the right of the page), then Account Statements (PDF).

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

TheLoveGeneral
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE HELP me... 

Im new to paypal and I have an issue. I recently sent money for a service through paypal. No problem. I payed for an ad. The issue comes when I find out that I have to wait till Jan.22 for my money to be sent through. I know on Paypal though that it's possible to send money instantly within 30 minutes because that's what the help center article said. I've been through the different help articles but I still don't understand it much. How can I send my money instantly (well, same day to be more exact) 

If it helps I actually have my bank account and the debit card connected to my paypal. I have the bank as my preferred and the debit is not (I don't know if this helps but I thought I should add it)

Thank you in advance for helping my clueless self.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@TheLoveGeneral wrote:

PLEASE HELP me... 

Im new to paypal and I have an issue. I recently sent money for a service through paypal. No problem. I payed for an ad. The issue comes when I find out that I have to wait till Jan.22 for my money to be sent through. I know on Paypal though that it's possible to send money instantly within 30 minutes because that's what the help center article said. I've been through the different help articles but I still don't understand it much. How can I send my money instantly (well, same day to be more exact) 

If it helps I actually have my bank account and the debit card connected to my paypal. I have the bank as my preferred and the debit is not (I don't know if this helps but I thought I should add it)

Thank you in advance for helping my clueless self.

Hey @TheLoveGeneral,

Welcome to PayPal, and I'm happy to answer your question! Based on what you've said, it sounds like your payment may be being sent as an eCheck. This can happen when an account doesn't have a lot of transaction history, or we're processing from a bank for the first time (or possibly after a long period of no payments from the bank). After you make some payments using the bank, we'll establish a history of that payment method on the account and this should offer you the ability to send instant transfers instead of waiting for the eCheck to clear.

Having a backup payment method definitely helps, so the card should hopefully assist in making this process move along quickly. I hope this information helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mbz601

I have no idea if this is where i ask questions.

Anyway: Q1. : I posted a Pricate messgae on Facebook and got a generic I don't understand response.

Is that the best they can do afte rme sending a long messgae explaining my problem and

Q2. Where do i go for real help without spending half a day on hold or in a phone loop that isn't going anywhere (record hold time on paypal: 3, 1/2 hours.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@mbz601 wrote:

I have no idea if this is where i ask questions.

Anyway: Q1. : I posted a Pricate messgae on Facebook and got a generic I don't understand response.

Is that the best they can do afte rme sending a long messgae explaining my problem and

Q2. Where do i go for real help without spending half a day on hold or in a phone loop that isn't going anywhere (record hold time on paypal: 3, 1/2 hours.

Hey @mbz601,

This is a great place to ask your questions, and I'm happy to help! For your first question, it sounds like you're talking to our chat bot, which is there to help with easy questions and concerns. It sounds like your issue may be more complicated, in which case I would advise saying "Chat with an Agent," which will send you through to one of our teammates for assistance.

Regarding your second question, Facebook or Twitter are great options to reach out to us, so it sounds like you're already on the right track! I apologize for the long hold on trying to reach us over the phone, I understand that can be frustrating. Hopefully this issue is resolved for you over Facebook soon. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mbz601

I SENT PRIVATE MESSAGES ON FACEBOOK BEFORE AD I RECEIVED ANSERS FROM WHAT I THOUGHT WERE REAL HUMANS (FRANK, ERICA, ETC.

and chat with an agent is not available on the FACEBOOK PAGE

Login to Me Too

mbz601

THIS IS THE MESSAGE I SENT VIA FACEBOOK. CAN YOU HELP?:

I tried all day Monday to bring my paypal balance down to 0 so I could use my PP debit card to pull some money out of the PP account to deposit into my regular bank account. It took me 3 calls (40 minutes each) to get the first 2 EBAY requests taken care of

(1. make payment via the collections department, took way too long, was not going to be reflected on my paypal balance until Sometime Tuesday WHICH THE PAYPAL REP DIDN'T BOTHER MENTIONING TO ME., usually it is within minutes if not a couple fo hours

2. another attempt by getting a paypal rep to give me a temporary credit on the account - DIDN'T WORK EITHER NO RESULT, even though she promised that it woul reflect within an hour or so

3. another paypal rep removed the hold on the 2 Ebay requests. I finally had a 0 balance).

So now on my drive home and then to the ATM I find out my account balance is negative again. I called in a 4th time (30+ minutes), noone knows whats going on, the disputes department was closed, nobody was willing to do anything.

BOTTOM LINE:
I BOUNCED A MORTGAGE CHECK THIS MORNING (TUESDAY) BECAUSE I WAS UNABLE ALL WEEKEND TO ACCESS THE MONEY IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO OR ARE YOU WILLING AND ABLE TO DO ABOUT THAT?

AND PLEASE, NO APOLOGIES, I AM TIRED OF HEARING THEM, THEY ARE MEANINGLESS TO ME UNLESS THERE IS A RESULT ATTACHED TO IT.

And I didn't even know that I had a negative balance on my Pp account until midday Monday because paypal doesn't send out alerts when that happens. ????

THE NSF fee from my bank was $35.00.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@mbz601 wrote:

THIS IS THE MESSAGE I SENT VIA FACEBOOK. CAN YOU HELP?:

I tried all day Monday to bring my paypal balance down to 0 so I could use my PP debit card to pull some money out of the PP account to deposit into my regular bank account. It took me 3 calls (40 minutes each) to get the first 2 EBAY requests taken care of

(1. make payment via the collections department, took way too long, was not going to be reflected on my paypal balance until Sometime Tuesday WHICH THE PAYPAL REP DIDN'T BOTHER MENTIONING TO ME., usually it is within minutes if not a couple fo hours

2. another attempt by getting a paypal rep to give me a temporary credit on the account - DIDN'T WORK EITHER NO RESULT, even though she promised that it woul reflect within an hour or so

3. another paypal rep removed the hold on the 2 Ebay requests. I finally had a 0 balance).

So now on my drive home and then to the ATM I find out my account balance is negative again. I called in a 4th time (30+ minutes), noone knows whats going on, the disputes department was closed, nobody was willing to do anything.

BOTTOM LINE:
I BOUNCED A MORTGAGE CHECK THIS MORNING (TUESDAY) BECAUSE I WAS UNABLE ALL WEEKEND TO ACCESS THE MONEY IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO OR ARE YOU WILLING AND ABLE TO DO ABOUT THAT?

AND PLEASE, NO APOLOGIES, I AM TIRED OF HEARING THEM, THEY ARE MEANINGLESS TO ME UNLESS THERE IS A RESULT ATTACHED TO IT.

And I didn't even know that I had a negative balance on my Pp account until midday Monday because paypal doesn't send out alerts when that happens. ????

THE NSF fee from my bank was $35.00.

Hi @mbz601,

Thank you for providing that information. I definitely understand this is an urgent issue, however as this is a public forum I wouldn't be able to provide anything other than general information. I would advise responding to the bot that you want to chat with an agent so we can help there. It sounds like an issue regarding payments being place on hold affecting your balance, which we wouldn't be able to confirm or resolve here. I apologize for the inconvenience, but please work with us over Facebook so we can help get everything squared away.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.