PayPal UK Community Chat - 30/11/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 30th of November between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 30th of November. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

LeahHelen
Contributor
Contributor
My partner is waiting on a refund which still say's pending on his account, the item's he ordered were out of stock from boohoo so they sent a refund straight away which I have the confirmation email to prove so, yet it still say's pending on his account 2 week's later! I have tried everything to contact PayPal and this is our last resort. I have contacted boohoo directly and they said they have processed it from there end so to speak to you!
Login to Me Too

Viruz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i confirmed my bank and uploaded docs to lift limis 2016-11-21. But still not rewieved. 

Login to Me Too

Elishacampbell
New Community Member
Hello David, my account has been limited for 180 days with my £5000, I need this money to pay my rent as well as buy Christmas presents for my family, I have done nothing wrong, I only have one account setup with you, I was asked to send a copy of my passport which I did and all of the sudden I got an email saying my account has been limited for 6 months and that you will be holding my funds. On what grounds is this happening? I have not breached any rules or done anthing wrong, you can close the account down but I need the money to pay my bills and to survive so please refund that back to my bank account. Kind regards Elisha
Login to Me Too

stellak
Contributor
Contributor
I opened my PayPal account uk while I was in the uk but I left last year but still use it and the other day my account was limited and been asked to proof my identity and address. I can proof my identity obviously but don't know what to do about the address as I can't choose anything out uk for residency. My PayPal account is verified as its connected to my bank account and my address for my bank account is changed to my current address (Cyprus). What do I do? I'm planning to go back to the UK mid 2017. What do I do?
Login to Me Too

bobospider
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I have an issue with someone that have tipped me during my stream (twitch.tv/bobospidertg) and now after 2 months he seems to have placed a chargeback. I've sent proof that the transaction was voluntary one, not unauthorised. Should I add anything else?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey LeahHelen.

Thanks for reaching out. If there was a refund processed and it shows that the refund is Pending, it can take on average between 5 and 7 working days to complete processing.

Once this refund is showing as Completed, there are a few different possible ways that the refund can show on your account. For more information on this, please see this link for further details http://ow.ly/m0mI301YaFY

Hi Viruz.

Welcome to the Community!

If you have provided the requested information to get your limits lifted on PayPal, it sounds like the information is waiting to be reviewed by a member from the relevant team. While you are waiting for an update, you should check your Resolution Centre on your account to see if you can still send and receive funds on your account while you are waiting for this to be resolved.

If you can still send and receive funds, you will be able to use your account without any issues while you are waiting for an update.

Hey Elishacampbell.

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you have been advised that the limitation on your account is permanent if you were advised the funds are being held for up to 180 days. When this happens, we would initiate a review every 30 days in order to see if there is any way that we can release the funds sooner. I would advise you to keep an eye on your emails and if there is any possibility of releasing the funds sooner, we will let you know.

If you would like to see if thre is any way of appealing the outcome of the limitation, you should try reaching out to our customer service team directly on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you further with any questions that you may have.

Hi there Stellak.

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently PayPal is a country specfic system. This means that you will not be able to change the country where your PayPal account is registered in. If you are currently living in Cyprus, you should consider creating a new PayPal account in Cyprus while you are living there. You should then keep your UK account open for when you return to the UK. 

As our system is country specific, you will not be able to register financial information from a different country to a PayPal account. For example you won't be able to add a Cypriot bank account to a UK PayPal account and you won't be able to add a UK bank account to a Cypriot PayPal account.

Hey Bobospider.

Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear that there has been a case filed on a payment that you had received on your account. If you have received a payment for a service or a donation, this may not be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. When you respond to the case, try providing as much information as possible and we will then forward to the details to the customers card issuer. They will then make a final decision on the outcome of the case and we will update you as soon as possible.

For more information about chargebacks and our Seller Protection Policy, plesae review the details that can be found here http://ow.ly/Zlm2R

David.

Login to Me Too

stellak
Contributor
Contributor
Hey David, Then what should I do? Should I withdraw the money to my uk bank account? And then what happens if my account gets limited and I then can't use it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Stellak.

Yes you can try withdrawing your funds on your UK account to your UK bank account. You might possibly encounter some difficulties as you are accessing your account from outside the UK but there is also a possibility that it will go through without any issues.

If you do encounter any problems, please try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

stellak
Contributor
Contributor
Hey David, ok thanks an I've already done that sent messages 2/3 days ago but no reply. And IF I do encounter problems then what do i do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.