PayPal UK Community Chat - 23/11/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 23rd of November between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 23rd of November. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

NineHundred
New Community Member

Hi,

I've recently been told that because I made my account when under 18 (over 6 years ago..) that I can no longer use my account and need to make a new one.

They've said to remove any cards from my current Paypal account before using on the new account, however because my account is limited I can't remove the cards.. So, what can I do?

Find it absolutely ridiculous that it's taken this long to tell me that I can't use my account after so many years.

Login to Me Too

ShadowArion4384
Contributor
Contributor

Everytime i try to purchase anything i get error

We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time.
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

Please can someone help me with this

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there NineHundred.

Welcome to the Community!

If you have created a PayPal account while you were under the age of 18, you would still be able to use PayPal but you may need to create a new PayPal account through the website and accept the user agreement again as you are now over the age of 18. 

Once you have done this, you can then provide us with statements for the accounts that are currently registered to your limited PayPal account and we can reset the information for you without any problems.

Can you please try this and let us know how it goes?

Hey ShadowArion4384.

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please try clearing your cache & cookies on the device that you are using and then try to resend this payment through your account again? 

It's possible that your bank or card issuer may be refusing this payment so you should try reaching out to them too in order to see if they have been refusing PayPal's request to fund this payment through your account.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.