PayPal UK Community Chat - 21/12/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 21st of December between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 21st of December. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Just a quick one.

I know the premier account has gone and you can sell on a personal account but there is confusion on when a business account is required.

Does it have to be a registered company / business or is for individuals as well that ''buy in stock'' to re-sell.

And is a personal account just for selling odds and ends from around the home etc and not buying in stock to re-sell.

Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kernowlass.

A business account should only be created if the account is being used on behalf of a business or registered charity. Even if a customer is a sole trader, a business account would be the best option in this case.

If a customer is buying in stock to resell, there is no problems with them having a premier account if they are not registered as a business or sole trader. 

It would be advisable though if someone has been buying stock to resell and their business is growing, they should consider registering their business as a sole trader and then they can upgrade their PayPal account to a business account.

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Thanks for that but I was told the premier account had been phased out and no longer being used??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Yes that would be correct but a personal and premier account would have been merged into the one account as such. So there would be no limit on what a personal account can receive etc going forward.

Hope that makes sense. 

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Yes thats great, thanks a lot and Happy Christmas.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

You're more then welcome Kernowlass. Thanks for all of your help throughout the year. All of us here wish you a happy Christmas and New Year Smiley Happy

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.