PayPal UK Community Chat - 21/09/2016.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 21st of September between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

This will be an open discussion in keeping with the recent plans as well as the specific topic this week in relation to the seller protection policy. We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 21st of September. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Question 1.

Why is PAD offered sometimes and not others? If a buyer decides to buy an ebay item and wins the bid and then is NOT offered PAD then it kinda defeats the purpose of offering it doesn't it?

Question 2.

We have a lot of posters on here that seem to have met the criteria for payment release re the new seller hold but funds are not released. Should it not  be automatic?

Question 3.

Why do we get conflicting answers agent to agent with customer services sometimes? eg today a lady was told by UK paypal in Ireland that when she moved abroad it was fine to use her UK paypal account and bank account and so wondered how she changed her UK paypal account address to a Spanish one.

Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Kernowlass.

Here are the answes in the order that you asked your questions:

Question 1:

When a payment is attempted through the PayPal website, our internal security system may select or prevent certain funding sources from being used to fund the payment that is trying to be sent. This is fully automated and we have no way of knowing if a particular funding source may be prevented from being used for a payment before the transaction is attempted by a buyer.

I understand where you are coming from and a lot of customers find Pay after Delivery very benificial in some situations but when our security system prevents the option from being selected, there might not be a lot that we can do. In these types of situations, we would advise a buyer to try contacting customer services by phone and we can try to verify if it's our security system restricting the funding source from being selected and we can see if there is anything that we can do to help.

Question 2:

The new seller payment holds criteria has been changed recently and the current requirement for funds to be released are:

- 7 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your eBay account, or
- 21 calendar days, if you don’t mark the item as sent in your eBay account

If a seller marks the item as shipped and the item shows an estimated delivery date on the eBay listing, the funds should be released automatically after 7 calendar days has passed from the estimated delivery date. 

If the funds aren't released automatically, they should try reaching out to us directly and we can help them with accessing their funds. The other criteria to have holds removed from the account altogether has not changed. An updated Help centre article can be found here http://ow.ly/6eL3302lAhR 

Question 3:

If a customer moves abroad as in the example you provided, a customer can try using their UK PayPal account and in the majority of cases, they would not encounter issues. PayPal is currently a country specific system so if a customer moves from the UK to Spain, it's not possible to change the country of the PayPal account to Spain in order to be able to add local financial details.

In these situations, I personally advise a customer to keep their UK PayPal account open if they are planning on returning to the UK at some stage. If they want to add Spanish financial details to PayPal, they would need to create a Spanish PayPal account using their Spanish information. They might be able to add their Spanish credit/debit card to their UK PayPal account but they won't be able to change the country on the billing address so it will still say United Kingdom in the country field. Whether or not they will be able to add the card is down to the bank if they accept or reject the information we send them when trying to add the card. They won't be able to add a Spanish bank account to PayPal in order to be able to withdraw their funds. Hopefully changing the country on PayPal is something that can be introduced in future as we do get asked this a lot but at the moment we wouldn't have any time frames on if this would be getting integrated on the website.

David.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Thank you, she is closing her account as she is not returning to the UK but i wondered why she was advised to add her Spanish address to her UK paypal account, I thought you could not do that and you have confirmed it.

Cheers.    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Ah I understand. No, unfortunately it's not possible to add a home address with a different country. The country field will always say United Kingdom at the end but they can try adding the full Spanish address in the other sections.

You're welcome as always Kernowlass Smiley Wink

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.