PayPal UK Community Chat – 20/09/2017

PayPal_david
Hi everyone!

Martin and I will be facilitating the UK Community Chat starting on Wednesday the 20th of September between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the chat ends on the 20th of September. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Hi David, having a debate with another user on re-opening closed paypal disputes.

I was always told once closed it could not be re-opened.

If a buyer closes a dispute how often do paypal re-open it if they appeal and is that possible?

I know they can 'change' a dispute from non receipt TO not as described but once closed is that it?

Or will paypal re-open it if new evidence is supplied?

I have said its very rare for paypal to re-open a dispute as that is what I have understood from paypals help pages etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass

There is now way to re-open a case on the customer's side. But some customers confuse the appeal process with a case re-opening. The appeal process is as follows https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/can-i-appeal-the-decision-on-my-claim-faq1685. This only there for cases were addidtional information is avaialable that might change the outcome on a decision.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Sotiris878
Contributor
Contributor

I have an issue when I try to purchase something. I get this error "sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay." I received around $50 today from opskins.com but I can't spend them at all, although it says "available balance". I had previously $5 which I spent successully without any issue. Please fix that ASAP.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Sotiris878

Welcome to our UK Community!

It seems that you could be experiencing one of our security measures, these are usually only temporary. I would try again and if it still persists, I would suggest clearing your cache and cookies on your device and to disconnect from your Internet provider and reconnect as it might have something to do with the IP address allocated by your Internet provider. Please make sure you are logging from a secure location and avoid using any VPN’s or Proxy Servers. If the issue still persists you may have to contact our Customer Support by phone. You will find the contact detail in the Help section on our Homepage.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Sotiris878
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried everything, support guys don't pick up phones, twitter guys ignore my messages... I don't know what to do and I need to purchase something as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

Amarildo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my account has been limited to two weeks and I have sent documents to Paypal and so far nothing I have already sent messages to the Paypal page in instagram ja mandei hno facebook ja sent message in the twiter already sent message to official in Linkedin and also I called, but until now nothing please tell me what I have to do for you to release my account because I need to use the value that I am living from this work

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Amarildo

If your account has a limiation , you would have steps in the Resolution Centre to help restore your account. You would also sometimes be advised by email on the status of the case. If you have not received any updates and the account is still limited. I would suggest you send an email through the secure Message Centre on your account.

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Penguin1234
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to sell several items for charity on ebay. Whilst ebay are not charging fees (as the charity is registered with Paypal giving fund) when I get paid via paypal, paypal is taking a fee. For example, I sold an item for £10.50 plus £2.90 postage. Paypal have taken a 3.4% +20p fee (66p) on both the sale price and postage. Paypal giving fund will be collecting the £10.50 sale fee and I need to pay £2.90 postage, so I'm going to be out of pocket. Whilst it's only 66p on this occasion, I have several items on ebay 100% for charity, some much higher value items. I can't afford this process. Surely as these items are being sold for charity Paypal shouldn't be charging the fee? Is paypal then going to charge the charity for receiving the donation?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Penguin1234

I would understand that the Giving Fund pass the payments at reduce or no fees and can benefit from the UK Goverment's Gift Aid program. I would suggest you apply for Charity Fee Rates and incorporate the fees incurred for shipping in the shipping amount charged. Please reach out to our Customer Support  on 0800 358 7911 or contact our Giving Funds through the following link https://www.paypal.com/givingfund/contact.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.