PayPal UK Community Chat - 19/04/2017.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 19th of April between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 19th of April. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

CM1995
Contributor
Contributor
Hi David, the thing is - there are other transactions on my history on and after this date, even one from today. However that one isn't showing. Also, I don't recognise the retailer. I'm a bit worried that someone has used my PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Daniel90
Contributor
Contributor

I try with other browser chrome but still the same

Login to Me Too

Daniel90
Contributor
Contributor

And i noticed that in field add phone not show me my verified phone only give me option to add new and i put the same number.

Login to Me Too

MHNaqvi

But I've sold quite a few things before and this has never happened. I'm not selling this via ebay or any other website or app either.

Login to Me Too

rana786
Contributor
Contributor

my account was used in error by my brother in law to send a gift payment to someone selling a laptop on facebook marketplace. Now 4 weeks later still no macbook. I have claimed unauthorised use - yet paypal say its not unauthorised.

When he sent the payment he wrote in the message that it was for a macbook air - so the least paypal could do is ask for proof of delivery? I have had my business account for 8 years so the least I deserve is a little bit of help - rather than continuously having to argue with the seller - who despite saying he has refunded it - there is nothing.

Login to Me Too

Iain_G

Hi, hope you're well.

On my other, business acount I was considering getting one of the mobile chip and pin readers to be able to take payment directly from customers. 

I've always been really impressed with the level of support around PayPal seller protection when selling product online, I was just wondering what ( if any ) seller protection you're afforded when taking payments via the card reader?

Sure I'd be able to find the answer I'm looking for eventually by trawling the forums, just saw this and thought it'd be quicker.  Hope you don't mind !

Many thanks

Iain

Login to Me Too

ezippyy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there, my money has been stuck on paypal since November last year. Paypal requires you to have a bank account to withdraw, but i don't have one, i just have the credit card. Is there any way i can get the money back on my credit card? Its really frustrating. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

CTC123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have a query about addresses for items sold. If an address is shown on a payment within Paypal as the "Delivery Address" and shows as a different address to the one shown on a famous auction website, which one should I be using?

Is there a process for getting them aligned?

I appreciate that just asking for address details outside of the "system" leaves me liable should things not go well.

Regards
Chris C.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @CM1995

Okay I understand. If you cannot see any indication of this payment on your PayPal account, it's possible that your card may have been used to send a guest payment on the PayPal website.

Your best option at this point would be to reach out to our customer service team directly and we can try to locate this payment for you. This can be done by calling us directly on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you further.

Hey @Daniel90

Sometimes customers experience difficulties when trying to use Google Chrome when accessing the PayPal website. Ideally if you could try using Internet Explorer, that might help if the issue is a browser issue. If you are still experiencing the same problems on Internet Explorer then the problem would be on the PayPal website.

Do you have Internet Explorer installed on the computer that you are using at the moment?

Hey @rana786

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here. If a payment was sent from your account as a gift transaction, there would be no Buyer Protection Coverage on this type of transaction.

A gift payment should only be sent between friends and family members. This should not be used if a purchase is being made for an item as there is no Buyer or Seller protection applied. I understand that you have opened an unauthorised case on the payment but this case will be refused because the payment was sent by you. This type of case should only be opened if your account has been compromised by an unauthorised third party.

If your seller is not working directly with you to resolve this matter, you should consider checking with your local Citizen's Advice Bureau in order to see what other avenues would be available for you in order to proceed with trying to get a refund.

Hi @Iain_G

Currently there is no coverage under our Seller Protection Policy for payments that are processed using a PayPal Here card reader.

Hey @ezippyy

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Depending on the country where your PayPal account is registered, there may be a limited option for withdrawing funds from your PayPal balance.

In the UK for example, the only option availble to customers to withdraw their funds is to a local UK bank account. In other countries, the option to be able to withdraw to a Visa card is available but it does vary in a lot of countries.

David.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @CTC123

In order for you to be covered under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy, you need to post the item to the address on the PayPal transaction details page.

I understand that there may be a different address then one showing on an auction website but if you have any concerns, you should try reaching out to the buyer directly to check which address is the correct one.

If they tell you that the address on the auction website is the correct one, I would advise you to refund the PayPal payment and ask them to resend the payment with the correct delivery address showing. This will ensure that you will be covered in the event of a claim being filed on the payment.

You can find more information for future reference on our Seller Protection Policy here

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.