PayPal UK Community Chat – 18/10/2017

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat today between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions, if there is anything that you would like to ask this chat is now open Smiley Happy

Siobhán

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

rosabloom
New Community Member

Hello Siobhan,

I have a question!

I have a Shopify store and am also about to start selling on Depop.  Both offer Paypal as a payment method. 

All of my displayed prices on products include VAT (as I don't want the customer to get a nasty surprise when 20% is added on at checkout!) 

In Shopify, the customer sees a breakdown at the checkout stage, showing the VAT portion of the amount they are being charged.  For example, they are buying an item that costs £125, plus £4.95 postage.  When they reach the checkout, they see that this total of £129.95 includes 20% VAT (£20.83)

HOWEVER the problem is this:  when i view the same transaction in Paypal, it only displays the total amount, and the VAT portion is shown as £0.00.

I have adjusted my tax settings in Paypal.  However I do not want Paypal to add an extra 20% VAT onto the amount (eg £129.95 + 20%)  - I just want it to show what VAT is already included.

Is this possible?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @rosabloom

Welcome to the community. Good question 🙂 

We don't charge VAT on any payments sent or received.

At their own discretion, a seller may add tax within the sale price of their product/service.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

runhoney
Contributor
Contributor

I posted a thread on here on 23/9, but never got any response.

Would appreciate some help with my issue, as I can't work out any way of contacting Paypal. 

/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/Unexplained-fee-deducted-from-payment/m-p/1317555?profile.language=en-gb#M41087 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán
Spoiler

Hi @runhoney

Sorry to hear you did not receive a response, we have located your last post and responded. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Overtherainbow
Contributor
Contributor

Untitled.jpg

received this email and not sure if its a spoof emailed it to spoofemail address but no response 

when i copy link it says https://is.gd/mznVvT

any info please thanks

Login to Me Too

harrybtl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , ive submitted documents with bank statements on it for my account withdrawal limitations to be taken off and i havent got a reply in over 2 WEEKS when advertised it takes 2-3 days?! Could you please message me about this or have someone look into this as its interupting my use of my paypal account and its unprofessional i dont get a reply to any of my emails or messages..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.