PayPal UK Community Chat – 17/05/2017

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 17th of May between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 17th of May. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_david

Hi David.

1. We are getting a lot of posts recently from users who can't escalate a dispute to a claim.

I post the correct advice from paypals help pages on how to do so but they say the escalate option is not there and its after the 7 days of opening a dispute.

2. Also when you withdraw funds in the UK to your bank account it is normally 2-72 hours. But on UK paypal accounts it now says 3-4 days which is misleading UNLESS this has changed recently or a glitch?

Thank you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaulSonny

I received a payment yesterday from a client and a temporary hold has been placed on the funds. This is causing some financial difficult/cash flow problems.

I have marked the transactions as services rendered but says it could still take up to 21 days. Is there anything at all I can do to speed this up?

Regards, Paul.

Login to Me Too

Welsh_Stu
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a PayPal contactless card reader, which is really handy for taking quick payments and I wondered if there were any plans to fully support Apple Pay so that I can take a payment of any amount contactlessly and not be limited to £30?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey @kernowlass.

I hope you're keeping well.

We have had a few reports of this recently and we have notified our technical teams to investigate this as soon as possible. If a customer is experiencing problems when trying to escalate a case, they should reach out to us directly and we can help them with getting their case escalated on their account.

We haven't heard of any changes to the withdrawal process for customers in the UK. It should still be 2-72 hours to complete processing and if there is a message appearing on screen advising 3-4 days, that may be a technical issue too. If you receive any of these contacts, could you ask the customer to reach out to us directly and we can ask them for a screenshot? Then we can forward the information to our technical teams to investigate.

Hi there @PaulSonny.

Welcome to the Community!

If you are a new seller on PayPal, your funds may be held for up to 21 days as part of our new seller payment holds process.

Depending on if you were selling your item on eBay or outside of eBay, there are different requirements in order to access your funds sooner. You can find more information through the following links:

- For items that were sold on eBay: https://goo.gl/5ZW4nH

- For items that were not sold on eBay: https://goo.gl/6RafLv

Hey @Welsh_Stu.

At this time, Apple Pay is not compatible with the PayPal website or the PayPal Here card reader. It may become compatible at some point in the future but we would not have any possible time frame on this.

Regarding contactless payments; the set limit on this at the moment is £30. There are no plans to increase this limit at this time but as with Apple Pay compatibility, we would not have any time frame for any potential changes at this time.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

PaulSonny

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

• Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

I have done the above already - but as I said having to wait 7 to 14 days is causing cash flow problems. Is there really nothing else I can do to have them released before Friday PM this week?

Regards, Paul.

Login to Me Too

Will12
Contributor
Contributor
I currently have a claim open by another user. They sent me $150 through friends and family and NOT goods and services. I know this results in none of us having protection (which I don't care about). They claim that it was an unauthorized transaction even though I know it was authorized by them. I have chatted with them on skype but they stopped responding to cancel the claim. I am not selling anything and I don't plan on it. As am I aware, you are also able to check the IP address from which it was sent to my account. I have emailed support through the message center but I only received 1 response out of the 4 emails I sent. And that response was the most useless copy and paste I've ever seen. I have tried facebook support but they haven't responded yet either. I have tried twitter support as well and they responded but extremely slowly. They told me to just wait which I am doing but I know that if I don't respond to the claim, I automatically lose the claim and the money is gone. I need someone's help but no one is helping me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Will12

I know i am not David but think i can give you the facts.

You may not care about that protection but as its against paypal rules to accept payment for goods that way then you risk your paypal account being limitd and you may care about that  Smiley Surprised

If your so called ''buyer'' filed an unauthorised claim then yes you are right paypal check IP addresses BUT scammers often use internet cafes or another users wi-fi etc so it can't be traced back to them.

So if paypal found in favour of your buyer then they would be reimbursed and you would be to if you had seller protection. But you won't be reimbursed as you have not got seller protection as you did not care about it  !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Thanks for the update @PaulSonny.

I understand that this can be a very frustrating situation when you are trying to operate a business but these are the current requirements for sellers that may not have a consistent history of selling.

We cannot view and discuss account specific information on the Community but if you would like to speak with our customer service team directly, you can call us on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you further.

Hi @Will12.

I'm sorry to hear what has happened on your account recently. If the sender of the payment has opened an unauthorised claim on the transaction, our fraud teams will investigate the payment. Once we can see that the account holder sent this payment through PayPal, we will then close the case in your favor and release the funds back to your account.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.