PayPal UK Community Chat - 17/01/2018

PayPal_Martin

Hi Everybody!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 17th of January between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 17th of January. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

juliadan19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So I live stream on my YouTube channel and I stream design content, where I create YouTube Banners, Headers and just general artwork. I use streamlabs as an voluntery option for people who wish to donate to the stream and help support my work. On decemeber 27th I streamed and had serveal donations from this viewer. The total was £30. They were small donations though, £2, £5, £3 etc. and it was over the course of the hour or so stream. I continued to thank him for his generosity and thought nothing of it, besides the fact it was a generous viewer of my YouTube channel. Weeks passed and early January he submitted a chargeback on all of the payments. He says they were 'Un-Autorized' all though I have proof that it was infact him who donated on the stream. I have contacted PayPal customer service through Twitter and apparentley there is nothing at all I can do. I also heard that the bank adds a £14 fee on each payment although it may only be £2. Due to the fact there is 9 payments, £30 total I have so far lost the £30 and apparently will loose an extra £126 on top. (£14 x 9 = £126). Which I find super unfair because he choose to donate and I have proof using the streamlabs website. (I will attach at the bottom pics).

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to resolve this at all? I believe I have submitted Pictures to paypal but they haven't replied in DM's saying they have recieved or anythig, had no replies.

If there is no way to solve this issue, and I loose out on £130 for no reason...well £160 is there any way I can stop it from happening in my future streams?

Proof Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/Z7z15

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @juliadan19,

Welcome to our UK Community,

In this case, I would recommend you reach our to our Customer Support for an account specific issue.  You will find contact details in he Help section of your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @juliadan19,

Welcome to our UK Community!

Unfortunately, we cannot discuss account specific issues on this platform. I would recommend you contact our support on 0800 358 7911 or through the secure Message Centre on your account. I would also ask you to delate the link if it contains any sensitve information.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.