PayPal UK Community Chat - 15/03/2017

PayPal_Martin

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 8th of March between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 8th of March. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

Martin

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

ekiwinter
Contributor
Contributor

Good day,

My account was closed by paypal stating that I violated their User Agreement, which to the best of my knowledge is not truep. I source for cheap dollars from freelancers (mostly from fiverr) and I use the funds to buy goods in London that I sell in Nigeria. The reason is because of the high exchange rate between the naira and dollars (which at present is N465 to $1) but I can source from Nigerians who are freelancers at N420 to $1. The reason these Nigerian freelancers sell to me is because I pay higher than what they would ordinarily get if they exchange with Western Union (their exchange rate is N375 to $1). I am not the only Nigerians leaving in UK doing it as many Africans do same (their accounts are still functioning). I have no problem you closing my account but holding my fund for another 120 days is wicked. I have sent proof of payment for the funds since on the 26th of January 2017. The last time I spoke to one of your customer representative, he promised that my case will be reviewed every 30 days (it is more than 30 days and yet no update from paypal).

I will really appreciate if my case is looked again as I need my money to sort out some personal issues.

NB: Closed Account - Reference # PP-005-510-124-453

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@ekiwinter

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks - Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.