PayPal UK Community Chat - 15/02/2017.

PayPal_david

Hi everyone!

We will be facilitating the UK Community Chat with our moderation team starting on Wednesday the 15th of February between 4pm and 6pm GMT.

We will be on hand between the above times to answer any PayPal related questions - or just to have a quick chat Smiley Happy

We are going to leave this thread open for questions until the live chat ends on the 15th of February. If there is anything that you would like to ask, please feel free to stop by.

Talk to you soon!

David.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Rbcarter88

I sold an item to someone and they paid via paypal. They asked to return the item which is fine and have sent me the item back but it has either been damaged by the buyer or in transit via Royal Mail. At present £170 have been taken from my PayPal as the dispute is active, where do I stand with this as the buyer may get his money back but I will now have a broken item which is now worthless and will end up £170 out of pocket?

Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor
As for the buyer, he will end up with his money back as he is protected with the buyer protection program. BUT, if you suspect that he damaged it and sent it back then you can report that buyer for abusing the buyer protection program and when they investigate they might as you for proof of damaged item and etc. If it's in your favor they will terminate the buyer protection program for that buyer as he will no longer be able to make disputes and get his money back anymore! Now, as for the carrier, if you suspect it was damaged via shipping then I advice you to file a claim with that shipping company and let them know the price and if the item was insured then you qualify for a money back depending how much the item was insured for! After further investigation and if the packages was insured then they will send you a check via mail and all you have to do is cash it in with your bank or at a local post office! Hope this helped you with your situation! Have a good one!
Login to Me Too

Rbcarter88

Thanks very much for the reply! I suspect it was Royal Mail that have damaged it. It's just cause at the moment my balance is now minus and I am out of pocket started to panic!

Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor
Glad I could help! I understand the frustration this may have cause but just file the claim and just give it some time and they will get back to you via email. If you would like to rush the process then you may call in after you file the claim and give them the claim id and you should be good to go! Enjoy the rest of your day! 🙂
Login to Me Too

minifigs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm not able to login to paypal here correctly. It logs in, then says Congratulations! you're now ready to accept payments. I click the start selling button and it goes back to login. I've tried 2 phones and 1 tablet with the same problem. A friend is able to login to her account on my phone ok. So it must be account related? please help!

Login to Me Too

dadooor
Contributor
Contributor

When is 2FA coming back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Rbcarter88.

Welcome to the Community!

Can I ask if the item arrived back in the same condition then the buyer advised when they originally opened the case? If it is, it sounds to me that the item would have been damaged in transit to your buyer. In this case, you should try reaching out to the postage company that you would have used to post the item in order to see if you can initiate a claim with them for the item being damaged in transit.

Hi there Minifigs.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties when trying to login to PayPal Here. If you are still experiencing difficulties, could you please try completing a reset on your PayPal Here card reader to see if this helps?

If you still encounter difficulties with this, can you please try calling our PayPal Here team directly on <removed> or <removed> and we can assist you further?

Hi Dadooor.

Thanks for reaching out. Two factor authentication is currently working for customers in the UK. Can I ask if you are in the UK and if you have tried to activate this through the Settings page on your account?

David.

Login to Me Too

Rbcarter88

Thanks for the reply. Should I keep the dispute open until I have received information from the delivery company? Or will this no longer fall under a Paypal issue? Obviously the buyer has opened a dispute using PayPal in order to return the item.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Rbcarter88.

It's possible that the case on PayPal could be closed if our claims team can see that you have received the item back from your buyer. This would be something that you should try and follow up with your postage company directly as it sounds to me that the item was damaged in transit. 

You may be able to initiate a claim with the postal company directly to request a refund but they will advise you on the processes that they have in place when you reach out to them.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.